Loewe TVs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

maxflinn:btw , of the 6 or 7 vt20 reviews currently online , it is my understanding that many of those reviewers have done a direct , side by side comparism against the kuro , which , like what hifi , is all of those review sites referance set ...
No they've made reference to it-I dont recall seeing any review where they have categorically stated they've directly compared both sets!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:
thanks clare , so should we expect a review of the vt20 in the august issue of the mag ?

btw , of the 6 or 7 vt20 reviews currently online , it is my understanding that many of those reviewers have done a direct , side by side comparism against the kuro , which , like what hifi , is all of those review sites referance set ...

No they've made reference to it-I dont recall seeing any review where they have categorically stated they've directly compared both sets!
i do , 3 to be precise
emotion-15.gif
, maybe more ...

daveh75

maxflinn:daveh75:maxflinn:
thanks clare , so should we expect a review of the vt20 in the august issue of the mag ?

btw , of the 6 or 7 vt20 reviews currently online , it is my understanding that many of those reviewers have done a direct , side by side comparism against the kuro , which , like what hifi , is all of those review sites referance set ...

i do , 3 to be precise
emotion-15.gif
, maybe more ...
Either way,reviews are still only a guide at best max...Not a shopping list.

A

Anonymous

of course they are only a guide , but they are performed by knowledgable , unbiased people in the correct envoirement with tvs that have been properly calibrated , so i take note of their respective opinions ..

didnt they all find the kuro to be the best ever tv ?

some of those same reviewers are now saying the kuro is bettered by the vt20 , and all of them are saying the vt20 is the best tv on sale today bar none ...

given that they all got it right with their respective verdicts on the kuro , im inclined to take notice of their opinions of the vt20 ...

arent you ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
all of them are saying the vt20 is the best tv on sale today bar none ..

Though of course none of them have tested the brand-new flagship sets from key rivals yet- as we've had those reviews exclusively (see August issue on sale next week)
emotion-2.gif

We'll be the only testers have reviewed all the high-end 2D/ 3D options....

A

Anonymous

looking forward to that issue clare , afaik the only high end sets yet to be tested on any site are the sony lx series , philips 9 series and samsungs high end plasmas , if youve got all them lined up against a vt20 id call that something of a scoop
emotion-4.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
From what I've read, most of the reviews are also adding a caveat re the VT20's long-term black levels.

Must say I'm curious, what have Pana done, or more's the point, not done, to their plasmas that is now causing black levels to fade?

It also seems that Panasonic acquiring Pioneer's Kuro patents/tech is not true, but ex-Kuro engineers do now work for Panasonic.

Don't sell your Kuros, yet?

A

Anonymous

i have to say i find it strange that there are many posting on this site that want to keep the apparent merits of the latest panasonic plasmas , born from very positive info on the web in check ..

yet there seems to be no attempt to keep the apparent , alleged info also to be found on the web , that suggests that panasonic plasmas may lose their black levels in check ??

if one is conjecture , and is therefore highlighted so often as such , what is the other only conjecture ? or am i missing something ? ...
emotion-40.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:looking forward to that issue clare , afaik the only high end sets yet to be tested on any site are the sony lx series , philips 9 series and samsungs high end plasmas , if youve got all them lined up against a vt20 id call that something of a scoop
emotion-4.gif

We can do better than that....

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Not sure who thats directed at max,but my only issue is that some of comments could be misconstrued as fact, when its your opinion,based on what you've read.

sure i accept that , my enthusiasm does get the better of me sometimes
emotion-10.gif

but if 2nd hand info that is stated as fact is highlighted as such , when that info is positive ..

then why isnt the 2nd hand info , that is also stated as fact , ie , panasonic plasmas have black levels that fade , also highlighted in the same way ? by the same token if you like ?

not directed at anyone daveh , just something ive noticed lately thats all ..

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
i have to say i find it strange that there are many posting on this site that want to keep the apparent merits of the latest panasonic plasmas , born from very positive info on the web in check ..

yet there seems to be no attempt to keep the apparent , alleged info also to be found on the web , that suggests that panasonic plasmas may lose their black levels in check ??

if one is conjecture , and is therefore highlighted so often as such , what is the other only conjecture ? or am i missing something ? ...
emotion-40.gif

Max, you have made hundreds of posts singing the praises of the2010 Panasonics- starting from before the sets even existed.

Yes, they are (deservedly) getting great reviews, but they are not the only sets around, and other people are entitled to their opinion too.

daveh75

maxflinn:then why isnt the 2nd hand info , that is also stated as fact , ie , panasonic plasmas have black levels that fade , also highlighted in the same way ? by the same token if you like ?No idea max,and not owning a Panasonic i'm not in the position to comment on the subject.

Being cynical, i dont take much notice of such comments anyway, i tend to believe it when i see it.

Its probably the same reason i pay less attention to reviews than you do, too.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:maxflinn:

emotion-40.gif

Max, you have made hundreds of posts singing the praises of the2010 Panasonics- starting from before the sets even existed.

Yes, they are (deservedly) getting great reviews, but they are not the only sets around, and other people are entitled to their opinion too.

absolutely agree clare , ive been enthusiastic because i want a great tv , cant get a kuro
emotion-6.gif
, so the v series is the one ive set my sights on , and yes i have gone on about them for a while , and too often to be honest , too much time on my hands , i blame the bankers
emotion-12.gif

but im just wondering how much of a negative affect will it have on panasonics 2010 range when people read the posts of those that state as fact , unchallenged on this forum , that buying a panasonic is a bad idea because their black levels fade , when this kind of statement is unsubstantiated , and based on 2nd hand information ?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
maxflinn:then why isnt the 2nd hand info , that is also stated as fact , ie , panasonic plasmas have black levels that fade , also highlighted in the same way ? by the same token if you like ?No idea max,and not owning a Panasonic i'm not in the position to comment on the subject.

Being cynical, i dont take much notice of such comments anyway, i tend to believe it when i see it.

Its probably the same reason i pay less attention to reviews than you do, too.
emotion-5.gif

emotion-21.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:... but im just wondering how much of a negative affect will it have on panasonics 2010 range when people read the posts of those that state as fact , unchallenged on this forum , that buying a panasonic is a bad idea because their black levels fade , when this kind of statement is unsubstantiated , and based on 2nd hand information ?
With regard to the aforementioned, may I respectfully remind my learned, Panasonic 46G10-owning friend of his comment, on this very forum, "posted on Tue, Jun 01 2010, 5:42 PM":

maxflinn:yes 6th , i do believe my tvs blacks are not as black as when the tv was new , i contacted panasonic , who said that the tv is working fine , and thats that ...
Therefore, I reiterate what I've suggested previously with regard to Panasonic's long-term black levels: caveat emptor.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Gel I can see you have gone of Phillips but what about a Phillips 56 PFL9954H Cinema 21:9 that was £4000 not long ago now £1899(Sevenoaks). The only set i would have considered getting over the pioneer only when i was looking to replace my 3rd gen pioneer the Phillips was 4K so the KRP 500A was cheap in comparison not realy a tough choice however if the Phillips was £1899 when i was looking could have been a lot tougher choice. I know it's a bit bigger than your looking at but you are considering 50in so whats 6in make it fit. I think the Loewe's are well made a do look nice to a point but i don't think they represent value for money and as such would prefer an LG/Samsung over a Loewe.

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:maxflinn:... but im just wondering how much of a negative affect will it have on panasonics 2010 range when people read the posts of those that state as fact , unchallenged on this forum , that buying a panasonic is a bad idea because their black levels fade , when this kind of statement is unsubstantiated , and based on 2nd hand information ?
With regard to the aforementioned, may I respectfully remind my learned, Panasonic 46G10-owning friend of his comment, on this very forum, "posted on Tue, Jun 01 2010, 5:42 PM":

maxflinn:
yes 6th , i do believe my tvs blacks are not as black as when the tv was new , i contacted panasonic , who said that the tv is working fine , and thats that ...
As I've merely implied with regard to Panasonic's black levels: caveat emptor.

yes 6th i do think that my tv has slightly lighter black levels than it had when new , although i am not sure of this , but i do still think the picture quality is excellent , as i have said many times on here ...

now , if it was proven that all panasonic 2009-2010 plasmas do indeed suffer from a fading of black levels that result in a sub-standard picture quality , then i think it would be fair to state that as fact on this forum as some have ...

but my point was , if it is not proven , just as it is seemingly not proven , that panasonic employed and used ex pioneer engineers to help design the current v series range , though i have claimed many times on here that they have , then my being asked to refrain from such claims , or indeed any questioning of evidence of such claims , should also be applied to any claims/statements of fact , that people make , saying that panas do lose black levels more than any other plasma tv , because such statements , especially from those that dont own a 09-2010 pana , are just as unproven and unsubstantiated as my , or anybody elses claims that are not factual , and so imo , should be challenged in the same way , for the same reasons , in the interest of fairness ...
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

i think its quite good gel , i doubt its as good as the philips 9704 , but it served me fine till i got my surround sound ...

D

Deleted member 2457

v1c:Gel I can see you have gone of Phillips but what about a Phillips 56 PFL9954H Cinema 21:9 that was £4000 not long ago now £1899(Sevenoaks). The only set i would have considered getting over the pioneer only when i was looking to replace my 3rd gen pioneer the Phillips was 4K so the KRP 500A was cheap in comparison not realy a tough choice however if the Phillips was £1899 when i was looking could have been a lot tougher choice. I know it's a bit bigger than your looking at but you are considering 50in so whats 6in make it fit. I think the Loewe's are well made a do look nice to a point but i don't think they represent value for money and as such would prefer an LG/Samsung over a Loewe.

Excellent post
emotion-21.gif
I have looked at this tv quite abit and do like it, Unfortunately for me it is just too wide, otherwise i would seriously consider this, i bet for the money it is a bargain.

I think you are right there as well with the Loewe's money is a real consideration.

Thanks for that
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:i think its quite good gel , i doubt its as good as the philips 9704 , but it served me fine till i got my surround sound ...

Thanks Max
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts