Loewe TVs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

I know you not Max
emotion-21.gif
i am guessing the new ones the V20 are alot better than the V10's? which i presume you could get one very cheap?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

the v10s are very good , but the v20 is the one to check out gel , better all round
emotion-21.gif

ive gotta run , enjoy your day
emotion-1.gif

gel:

I know you not Max
emotion-21.gif
i am guessing the new ones the V20 are alot better than the V10's? which i presume you could get one very cheap?

Thanks

I don't think you'll find any V10 series TVs around. They were in short supply since launch.

A

Anonymous

Stpped in a posh hotel wit a loewe and was not that impressed to be honest. It costs a fortune for what it is, much cheaper better sets out there.

D

Deleted member 2457

You guys have not heard the worse part yet, i brought this tv with richer sounds and to return a tv there within 7 days you receive a 15% handing charge, which i managed to reduce to 7.5% and the promise of a good deal next time, but can't i do anything about that?

The terms on the website say 7 days return no handling charge but on the receipt is says 15% handling charge?

Can i do anything about this?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

why not email richer and explain gel ? if the website states that there is no handling charge within 7 days , and nobody told you different when you bought the set , then i think they should honour their web promise...

daveh75

From Richers website...

"we would request that all goods be returned in an 'as new' condition
complete with packaging and all accessories. Unfortunately, goods which
do not comply with this condition may be subject to a handling charge"

I guess it depends on their definition of 'as new', as if it's been opened and used it may not be considered 'as new'.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, the minute I opened the box that handling charge applied.

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:why not email richer and explain gel ? if the website states that there is no handling charge within 7 days , and nobody told you different when you bought the set , then i think they should honour their web promise...

Do you think it is worth emailing them then? I had to battle hard for them to half it and then promise me a good deal next time?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

no , after reading davehs post above , it seems to me that opening the box was enough to constitute a handling charge , and you have got them to halve that , so id just bite the bullet and pay it personally ...
emotion-6.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Does anyone know if you can still get a pioneer pdp-428xd?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:no , after reading davehs post above , it seems to me that opening the box was enough to constitute a handling charge , and you have got them to halve that , so id just bite the bullet and pay it personally ...
emotion-6.gif

Yep it is defintely a hit i could have done without that is for sure.

A

Anonymous

gel:

Thanks
not new anyway...the v20 is better gel ...although obviously pricier too....

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:gel:

Thanks

the v20 is better gel ...although obviously pricier too....

Even the 42inch one?

A

Anonymous

the 42in v20 is around £1250 i think , i dont know how much a 2nd hand 42in kuro would cost , but why bother ? the v20 will almost certainly be better , at least with picture quality , have hd freeview and a 5 year guarantee too
emotion-15.gif

still , if you found a 42in kuro for £500-£600 ? hmmm..

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

the 42in v20 is around £1250 i think , i dont know how much a 2nd hand 42in kuro would cost , but why bother ? the v20 will almost certainly be better , at least with picture quality , have hd freeview and a 5 year guarantee too
emotion-15.gif

still , if you found a 42in kuro for £500-£600 ? hmmm..

Okay i am now going to see this panasonic and some loewe tvs at the same time
emotion-1.gif
i will report back my findings later, over and out.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

gel:
maxflinn:won the lotto gel
emotion-5.gif

Maximus i brought a new tv on friday.
emotion-7.gif

'Bought', you mean?
emotion-6.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay i'm back, well i was not over excited at the panasonic G20 to be frank, but it was good, did not have a V one, apparently in short supply, don't know why?, they have the 50V the one you like Max in the main room and it was very good Max, they have Avatar on it and it was good, i would buy it if i was you Max, they have a 50inch Loewe that was also very good, nice strong colours, excellent picture. The 42 inch one start from £2100 i might look at the 37inch ones if i can't find something of real quality bigger, the sound on the G20 did not sound great but like you say he says but it through my system. But what does seem a bit strange about that is my brother in law does have a panasonic think S one from Two years ago and that sounds really good, have they gone that down hill in two years? Or am i missing something here?

So the 50inch V one is very good, the 50inch Loewe is very good, i still need to assess the audio on the 42 inch panasonics and look at the V one. Perhaps look a the Loewe 37inch one?

What do you think here to any of those questions?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Almost every TV will have rubbish audio. Why do you care so much about sound when you are playing it through your home cinema system? That Pioneer amp is a killer!!

Focus on getting the best picture for your money instead!

A

Anonymous

id look at the pana 42v20 as you said you will , this has the same pic quality as the 50in v series set you saw today , excellent..

id also look at an lg 42le8900 lcd , its rear led , freeview hd , and the best blacks of any lcd tv , early reviews say it has the best pic quality of any lcdtv reviewed to date ..

i just dont think you will find the sound you desire from any of the tvs out there , and because you have surround sound , i defo dont think that you should possibly let the sound dictate you buying a tv with an inferior picture ..

a 37in loewe ? for probably £1700ish , i wouldnt do it , too small , you may as well keep your philips and money imo ..

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay i am going to do some measurments on the 50inch
emotion-3.gif
and the 42inch one and see what's possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts