JD

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

Have been told to be out one night this week so EI can catch up on all the Eastenders she missed while we were on holiday. Course, "going to listen to some hifi" is seen as a euphemism for more nefarious activities.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
My missus thinks we're all nerds, especially igglebert for some reason. Her and her friend laughed their heads off when I said he was called that.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:My missus thinks we're all nerds, especially igglebert for some reason. Her and her friend laughed their heads off when I said he was called that.
I like to go for impact. I used to be a nerd but not anymore. I mean, I used to just read about classic amps but now I'm mod'ing a Quad 405...better not mention that I work in IT and take pics of planes too...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
'Nefarious' certainly sounds more fun than cottage pie! Doesn't at least one of you have some decent umm... 'herbs' to liven it up? (Or is that what 'horseradish' is a euphemism for?)

No sex or drugs (or alcohol from what I can tell) and some blokes sitting around eating pur‚ed parsnips and listening to recorded music. People, you are re-creating an OLD FOLKS HOME LUNCH!

Get lap dancers, advertise the party on Myspace, send a van down to the offie, get a band or a DJ and barbeque something that requires teeth to enjoy.

If the neighbours are still talking to you the next day, you have failed.

(Only joshing. Have a great time.)

John Duncan

igglebert:JoelSim:My missus thinks we're all nerds, especially igglebert for some reason. Her and her friend laughed their heads off when I said he was called that.
I like to go for impact. I used to be a nerd but not anymore. I mean, I used to just read about classic amps but now I'm mod'ing a Quad 405...better not mention that I work in IT and take pics of planes too...

tell you what though Ig, if there's one thing worse than being laughed at.........

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:igglebert:JoelSim:My missus thinks we're all nerds, especially igglebert for some reason. Her and her friend laughed their heads off when I said he was called that.

tell you what though Ig, if there's one thing worse than being laughed at.........

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:'Nefarious' certainly sounds more fun than cottage pie! Doesn't at least one of you have some decent umm... 'herbs' to liven it up? (Or is that what 'horseradish' is a euphemism for?) No sex or drugs (or alcohol from what I can tell) and some blokes sitting around eating pur‚ed parsnips and listening to recorded music. People, you are re-creating an OLD FOLKS HOME LUNCH! Get lap dancers, advertise the party on Myspace, send a van down to the offie, get a band or a DJ and barbeque something that requires teeth to enjoy. If the neighbours are still talking to you the next day, you have failed. (Only joshing. Have a great time.)

You're quite right. Any sex, drugs or rock 'n' roll and there'll be trouble...I'm serious about the last one mind, Elvis is coming nowhere near my beloved Arcams...unless of course he brings some drugs, in which case I'll let him listen but not sing

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:
Elvis is coming nowhere near my beloved Arcams...unless of course he brings some drugs, in which case I'll let him listen but not sing

Damn - just as I was planning to gatecrash with my remasters, a case of Rioja reserva and some freebies
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
chebby:'Nefarious' certainly sounds more fun than cottage pie! Doesn't at least one of you have some decent umm... 'herbs' to liven it up? (Or is that what 'horseradish' is a euphemism for?) No sex or drugs (or alcohol from what I can tell) and some blokes sitting around eating pur‚ed parsnips and listening to recorded music. People, you are re-creating an OLD FOLKS HOME LUNCH! Get lap dancers, advertise the party on Myspace, send a van down to the offie, get a band or a DJ and barbeque something that requires teeth to enjoy. If the neighbours are still talking to you the next day, you have failed. (Only joshing. Have a great time.)

You're quite right. Any sex, drugs or rock 'n' roll and there'll be trouble...I'm serious about the last one mind, Elvis is coming nowhere near my beloved Arcams...unless of course he brings some drugs, in which case I'll let him listen but not sing

How about AC/DC then?

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:JoelSim:
Elvis is coming nowhere near my beloved Arcams...unless of course he brings some drugs, in which case I'll let him listen but not sing

Damn - just as I was planning to gatecrash with my remasters, a case of Rioja reserva and some freebies
emotion-5.gif

Save it for my house.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Solomon1:JoelSim:

How about AC/DC then?

Well with rock n roll, drugs and some AC/DC sex its starting to sound like a different kind of evening than earlier on.

Clare, you are welcome to gatecrash if you want to listen to proper hifi for a change
emotion-19.gif

But if you want some AC/DC sex then I'll have to invite some more chicks
emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Cottage Pie is being cooked. Smells good and the cheeky little taster has made me really hungry, so I can't promise it will still be here by tomorrow.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes, cottage pie was always a favourite with the groupies at the Stone's parties.

(At Elton's bashes of course cottage pie took on a whole other... no. I won't go there!)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Yes, cottage pie was always a favourite with the groupies at the Stone's parties.

(At Elton's bashes of course cottage pie took on a whole other... no. I won't go there!)

This is a good cottage pie, with a little bit of italian flair. Creating a rod for my own back now, probably would have gone down well at one of Elton's parties. The rod that is.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Mince is in the fridge and will be making the CPie tonight, it's a special one with horseradish, potato and parsnip mash. Mouth's watering already.

You had me at mince.........

:)

John Duncan

We've discussed this. All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves, and the cottage pie of righteousness is but a harmonic in the collective resonance.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:We've discussed this. All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves, and the cottage pie of righteousness is but a harmonic in the collective resonance.

Oh don't start that again!
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:...the cottage pie of righteousness...

I am pretty handy at making "Cornish Pasties of universal one-ness" (Short pastry, swede, onion, old potato, ground skirt of beef and seasoning with salt and pepper. Any other ingredient is either sheer heresy or bloody Ginsters.)

The pastry circles should be cut using a dinner plate as a template for a decent size after crimping. The beef should never be seasoned directly with salt (goes bitter and shrinks) instead season the layers of - thinly sliced - swede (called turnip in Cornwall), onion and potato. It all infuses during cooking.

Only use the last 1/4 inch of a sharp knife tip to make a tiny hole before placing in the oven then the pasty acts like a little pressure cooker.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:We've discussed this. All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves, and the cottage pie of righteousness is but a harmonic in the collective resonance.

oh my fine hirearch of stagi-equalibria and potential phagarity you are so correct, except the cottage pie thing thats just silly hippy nonsense! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts