JD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
survivor:Hi Joel. Nice idea of yours and would love to attend though not sure about work at the moment. Do you have any particular day in mind as yet?

ÿ

I thunk she is only away Monday to Wednesday so it would be one of those

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Why don't we say Tuesday 19th then? I would love to hear all your views on my system, good or bad over some vino. So potentially it could be JD, PJPro, Survivor and Gregory. 5 is probably the limit for my room size, so let me know.

ÿ

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

Why don't we say Tuesday 19th then? I would love to hear all your views on my system, good or bad over some vino. So potentially it could be JD, PJPro, Survivor and Gregory. 5 is probably the limit for my room size, so let me know.

Hi Joel. Just found out today that work wise it looks like Wed 20th will be the only day I can make that week. If you wish to stick with the Tues then that`s o.k. I`ll try to make it another time if one of us arranges anything similar in the future. All the best.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Wednesday it is, if that's ok with everyone
Evening. Would you have room for one other or are things sorted by now? I've found a great Madiran that I could bring...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Perhaps WHF would be interested in a report after we've all been to each others? It would certainly give the forum a boost by having a story in the mag. Maybe we headline the article 'Forum Forum'?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Trying to put a playlist together for next Wednesday. Candidates include, please let me know if there's anything you particularly want to hear and bring along.

Leftfield

Fleetwood Mac

Everything but the girl

K&D

Floyd

Stone Roses

Jack Johnson

Beautiful South

Goldfrapp

Massive Attack, although can't for thelife of me find Mezzanine at the moment, grrrr

Tracey Chapman

Sade

The The

Carl Craig

Eva Cassidy

Cranberries

Damien Riceÿ

Groove Armada

Chemical Brothers

George Michael

Neil Diamondÿ

Talk Talkÿ

And many many more

ÿ

Not sure how to play this, so open to suggestions, but think the above gives quite an eclectic mix.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

OK, add Michael Buble (bear with me, it's a great disk), Madonna (quite surprising sound stage on the Immaculate Collection), Janet Jackson A Velvet Rope (not new but is an interesting test of bass and layers), Sufjan Stephens and a couple of others. I'll bring them.

This trip is mad! I'll take 2.5 hours to get there, but hey, we'll have a good time. I hope JD or Thaiman can make it as it'll be even better...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
Trying to put a playlist together for next Wednesday. Candidates include, please let me know if there's anything you particularly want to hear and bring along.

Leftfield

Fleetwood Mac

Everything but the girl

K&D

Floyd

Stone Roses

Jack Johnson

Beautiful South

Goldfrapp

Massive Attack, although can't for thelife of me find Mezzanine at the moment, grrrr

Tracey Chapman

Sade

The The

Carl Craig

Eva Cassidy

Cranberries

Damien Riceÿ

Groove Armada

Chemical Brothers

George Michael

Neil Diamondÿ

Talk Talkÿ

And many many more

ÿ

Not sure how to play this, so open to suggestions, but think the above gives quite an eclectic mix.

ÿ

I know I won't be there so it's pretty moot. But, as Vader (almost) said.

"Your lack of metal is disturbing."

;-)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:JoelSim:

Leftfield

Fleetwood Mac

Everything but the girl

K&D

Floyd

Stone Roses

Jack Johnson

Beautiful South

Goldfrapp

Tracey Chapman

Sade

The The

Carl Craig

Eva Cassidy

Cranberries

Damien Riceÿ

Groove Armada

Chemical Brothers

George Michael

Neil Diamondÿ

Talk Talkÿ

And many many more

ÿ

ÿ

I know I won't be there so it's pretty moot. But, as Vader (almost) said."Your lack of metal is disturbing.";-)

My lack of metal is quite understandable fella!!!!!

And Thaiman lives in Phucket or somewhere equally not as nice as Stokey (Hmmm)

ÿ

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Your playlist sounds ideal.

Pioneer A6 amp, Pioneer D6 cd, Nad twin-cassette, Project Xperience X-pack turntable, B&W 685`s, Atacama Equinox rack, Ecosse interconnect, QED silver anniversary speaker cable.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:JoelSim:

Leftfield

Fleetwood Mac

Everything but the girl

K&D

Floyd

Stone Roses

Jack Johnson

Beautiful South

Goldfrapp

Tracey Chapman

Sade

The The

Carl Craig

Eva Cassidy

Cranberries

Damien Riceÿ

Groove Armada

Chemical Brothers

George Michael

Neil Diamondÿ

Talk Talkÿ

And many many more

ÿ

ÿ

I know I won't be there so it's pretty moot. But, as Vader (almost) said.

"Your lack of metal is disturbing."

;-)

Big Chris...

''these are not the tunes your looking for''

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Good man. Stu (Survivor) and Gregory (Gregory) are up for it.

Mince is in the fridge and will be making the CPie tonight, it's a special one with horseradish, potato and parsnip mash. Mouth's watering already.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts