Is it ok to leave Airport Express switched on permanantly?

A

Anonymous

Given that it's got 24/7 access to a power supply you'd imagine Apple could have designed some sort of auto sensing into it, designed to put it into standby after a set time without a signal.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Juzzie Wuzzie:Yes, although expect life span to be 12-24 months. Known issue with the AE - it ain't going to last forever.

Really? Mine's been on for at least three years' solid....

A

Anonymous

There were many complaints about the longevity of the AE a couple of years ago. A friend of mine's AE died after 12 and a half months. He complained long and hard to Apple, having found out about the longevity problems, and was passed up and down from person to person with only the sound of denials in the air.

Eventually he emailed Steve Jobs, and you'd never guess what arrived on his doorstep a week later...

A

Anonymous

Mine is on a Tacima block with the rest of the hi fi kit and I unplug the block when not playing music. Saves money.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:

There were many complaints about the longevity of the AE a couple of years ago. A friend of mine's AE died after 12 and a half months. He complained long and hard to Apple, having found out about the longevity problems, and was passed up and down from person to person with only the sound of denials in the air.

Eventually he emailed Steve Jobs, and you'd never guess what arrived on his doorstep a week later...

a dacmagic?!?!?!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
AKL:Mine is on a Tacima block with the rest of the hi fi kit and I unplug the block when not playing music. Saves money.

couldnt you just switch it off at the wall?

Juzzie Wuzzie

Clare Newsome:
Juzzie Wuzzie:Yes, although expect life span to be 12-24 months. Known issue with the AE - it ain't going to last forever.

Really? Mine's been on for at least three years' solid....

My three have lasted about a year solid!

A

Anonymous

Hi al7478, I prefer to unplug the block from the wall socket, never know when thunder/lightning might hit! Don't really want to test the surge protection on the Tacima!

A

Anonymous

Mine's pretty much on 100% of the time. Had it coming on for 2 years so i think they may have fixed the issues.

TRENDING THREADS