Question help adjusting turntable

iroh

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
alright, so basically i have my turntable now, a technics sl b2 with a at95e with at headshell

it plays well im quite surprised at the quality but i was wondering what adjustment i should do, if any on the anti skating and weight thing (assuming the whole head is placed properly xD)

so yeah let me know if there's something i should look out for to optimize my listening/protecting my vinyls!

iMark

The classic way to do this are a few steps. Have a look at the turntable's manual.

First balance the tonearm. This means that with weight set to 0 the stylus should float freely at the same height as the the platter. Adjustments can usually be made by moving the counterweight forwards or backwards.

Next thing is to set the weight at the level suggested by the company that made the cartridge. Our Ortofon 2M Blue is set to the recommended setting of 1.8g.

The last thing to do is set anti-skating. This differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. Our Pro-Ject turntable simply has a little weight on a string. Other turntables have different solutions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts