HDMI cable for virgin+

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We got V+ installed today and apparently the guy said to my girlfriend that we would need to buy an HDMI cable as they don't supply one!!! I can't believe we have HD content and can't view it yet.

Reccomendations on a good quality but cheap HDMI cable - £20 or under would be great but I guess I can spend more if it's really worth it. TV is 37 px80b if that mattters.

Can anyone suggest ones to look at gettting?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

They supplied me with one when they installed my V+, so can't think why they wouldn't supply you! (they also sent me one in the post - even though I didn't request one!). I suggest you ring them up and ask for one (for free).

If you're intent on buying, don't spend loads (as it's a digital signal i.e. it either works or it doesn't). I've used these guys before and they're fairly good.

http://ukhdmi.com/

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

vineetpatel69:(as it's a digital signal i.e. it either works or it doesn't).

(Sigh...)

I know, I know!

I do not want to start another merits of HDMI cables discussion - I believe you get what you pay for... period. I am just wondering if there are any good cables out there in my budget or do I really need to move up to the kind of money the cables reviewed on this site cost?

I only need 1.5m.

Prof - I seem to remember (but amy be making it up??) that you have virgin? Did you also get a free cable - should I complain or just buy one?

If I would be better buying one then please name a couple of respected makes and models that should do the job (for £20 if possible)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

thanks for the suggestion anyway Prof, it may not be long enough at 1m, I probably want 1.5m or 2m - does this mean I will have to pay that little bit extra?

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
vineetpatel69:(as it's a digital signal i.e. it either works or it doesn't).

(Sigh...)

I'm not getting into this "you get what you pay for" argument either.....but this chap appears to know what he's talking about.

(oops - sorry I can't post the site details....)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, to be fair, the QED is overkill for Virgin really I think, it was just such a damn good price it seemed to make sense and also meant the cable could be re-used for a higher end device like Blu-Ray player etc. in the future if necessary. I would have thought something like this Profigold would be fine as well (have a few Profigold cables though not HDMI, but they seem to be a good brand).

A

Anonymous

cheers prof - so many to choose from that its difficult narrowing it down. If you say profigold generally make good qualtiy and well built cables then thats good enough for me. maybe I will get that free one from virgin too to do a home comparison!

A

Anonymous

I'd give VM a call. I got a hdmi on installation and another in the post. Tell VM all your friends have received the hdmi but you haven't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts