Cable Directionality - do you want proof

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigH said:
CnoEvil said:
Here's my question - Has anything new been said in the last 20 pages, that wasn't said in the first 5?

(I'm really trying to resist the urge to post a picture.....personally, I blame Waxy)

Yes

So we can't even agree on what hasn't been agreed......which sounds about right. *crazy*

Yes. The latest gem from the OP is you can't have rich fools.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Andersοn said:
drummerman said:
What's really bugging me about this debate is that no-one, I repeat ... no-one, has mentioned eggs.

Why are these things so hard to peel?

There is money to be made.

The trick is to peel them while they're hot. First roll the egg so that it cracks the whole way around the egg on a hard surface, then peel, you'll find that all of the shell comes off very easily.

Do you want to PayPal me or do a bank transfer?

If you're feeling particularly lazy, you could also drop them into vinegar.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
iMark said:
ellisdj said:
my cousin also an audiofool
Bit of light heartedness - better than a picture of a squashed turd or a kangaroo or something

cbeebies-playtime-app-mr-tumble-1.jpg

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
CHALLENGE

There are 4 different configurations for these directional cables. Both in. Both out. + in - out. + out - in.

I challenge to try each combination and describe the audible differences. They must be significant.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
CHALLENGE

There are 4 different configurations for these directional cables. Both in. Both out. + in - out. + out - in.

I challenge to try each combination and describe the audible differences. They must be significant.

I give up!

slowloris.jpeg

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Andersοn said:
Infiniteloop said:
Andersοn said:
drummerman said:
What's really bugging me about this debate is that no-one, I repeat ... no-one, has mentioned eggs.

The trick is to peel them while they're hot. First roll the egg so that it cracks the whole way around the egg on a hard surface, then peel, you'll find that all of the shell comes off very easily.

Do you want to PayPal me or do a bank transfer?

If you're feeling particularly lazy, you could also drop them into vinegar.

I'd imagine that although very lazy this method would be very time consuming. Do you have any vinegar?

No. - Would acetic acid do?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The sound difference is caused by the pure-DC voltage that powers the speakers interacting with the earth's magnetic field. So clearly in the southern hemisphere you'd need to swap your cables round.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
The sound difference is caused by the pure-DC voltage that powers the speakers interacting with the earth's magnetic field. So clearly in the southern hemisphere you'd need to swap your cables round.

A pure DC?

Not a pure AC?

And magnets that switch polarity to push and pull a speaker coil?

Ok.....

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:

Your prayers are answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWISKfgqZ0

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Can someone define the term "troll" please?

Is it someone who constantly posts irrelevant comments?

Is it someone who enjoys spoiling ligitimate conversation?

Is it someone who feels he has to take part in threads in which he has no interest and no knowledge nor any valuable contribution?

Is it someone who despite knowing little feels the need to contribute something even if of no interest to others valuing his own opinions above others?

What is a troll?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
RobinKidderminster said:
CHALLENGE

I give up!

Just in case anyone doesn't know the truth about the slow loris.

http://primatesnotpets.tumblr.com/post/30181705941/slow-loris-pet-trade-horror-story

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I counted adozen comments from one member who has been a member here for less than a week. One and only one can I consider to be anything other than unnecessary. Is this trolling?

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Andersοn said:
RobinKidderminster said:
I counted adozen comments from one member who has been a member here for less than a month. One and only one can I consider to be anything other than unnecessary. Is this trolling?

Are you talking about me? Yeah, I've been a member here since 2013 I think I ran into some trouble with my account about 2 weeks ago and had to reregister with the same username again. If you search my name you'll find posts from over a year ago.

How do you peel your eggs then?

I thank you for your clarification. I tend to shell my eggs since they don't peel easily. Decapitation works for me. You sadly failed to comment on your opinion on trolling. Your opinion would be valued.

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Hi well its not 100% solid proof but its the same sort of test I have done several times with a similar result - ie swop a wire round and see if sounded different

I posted a link to this video in the USB cable thread and not a single response. Maybe nobody watched it

If you watch this video - at about 37 minutes he does a interesting test which shows the effect of cable directionality.

I can clearly hear an audible difference - watched on a phone I doubt the difference will be so clear - watch it off something half decent Asus Xonar ST Souncard into Senheisser headphones - HD558 I think they are were about £120 its easily audible.

A volume / pitch type change is audible - but its not that its about what he describes as it getting out of the speakers.

For the cables dont make a difference brigade something to chew over - if that small amount makes a difference you can only imagine what else does :)

Its a great Video to watch with loads of interesting info as well

Delusory placebo nonsense. Ignore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts