Cable Direction

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of B&W Dm603s2 for a while now and i've always though the sound was a little off in the sense it was leaning off to one side so here goes, on a non related check I discovered that one of the nordost cables was connected with the arrows pointed the wrong way, mhmmm, shall I, why not, anyhow a quick pull, plug and reverse I resumed my listening with a doubting attitude but in my option it seems to have corrected to initial imbalance.

I can understand this issue as come up over and over again, but I thought I would share my experience with fellow forum members for what it's worth.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Dermondo said:
I have a pair of B&W Dm603s2 for a while now and i've always though the sound was a little off in the sense it was leaning off to one side so here goes, on a non related check I discovered that one of the nordost cables was connected with the arrows pointed the wrong way, mhmmm, shall I, why not, anyhow a quick pull, plug and reverse I resumed my listening with a doubting attitude but in my option it seems to have corrected to initial imbalance. I can understand this issue as come up over and over again, but I thought I would share my experience with fellow forum members for what it's worth.

My take on this is follow the manufacturers guidelines, if they say it is directional then I guess they have their reasons (e.g. grain of copper/silver during drawing process, outer sheath process, shielding etc etc)

You've paid decent money for it, follow the guidelines.............................oh and yes, I am a believer

A

Anonymous

Alternatively, your connecting/disconnecting created a better, and cleaner connection, hence the earlier disparity.

It helps to remember that the current is AC, so directionality means approximately nothing.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Grottyash said:
Alternatively, your connecting/disconnecting created a better, and cleaner connection, hence the earlier disparity.

It helps to remember that the current is AC, so directionality means approximately nothing.

Quick, run, take shelter!!!

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
fayeanddavid said:
Grottyash said:

Quick, run, take shelter!!!
Yes indeed, its that darn pandoras box lid lifted again............

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ive seen tests where jitter was measured on 3 different digital cables. 2 of them had measureably worse jitter one way round than the other

So far as im concerned, that test proved that 'some' cables at least are directional, if only in the measurable sense of the word

A

Anonymous

Would those be coax or optical, Alienerik? Also, can you post a link to the site? Cheers

TRENDING THREADS