Blade Runner I just DONT get it!

T

theflyingwasp

I'm a massive movie fan but I've tried and tried to get into blade runner and simply can't .dont know if it's the wooden acting or the fact I find it so damn boring.

i ordered the Blu ray from amazon even tho I knew I didn't like it but it's a reference quality Blu ray absolutely flawless but still I have no love for this film.i thought the pristine transfer would somehow make me like it but no.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I like it, and I don't really like sci-fi, but I couldn't tell you which is the best cut.

Personally, I just don't get Star Wars. Absolutely dreadful films.

T

theflyingwasp

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I like it, and I don't really like sci-fi, but I couldn't tell you which is the best cut.

hmmm yes the Star Wars films.i wouldn't shed a tear if I could never watch the phantom menace and attack of the clones again ,I liked revenge of the sith.

as for the original trilogy .jedi was my favourite .

as for the new trilogy ,the hype will be horrific but I'm not excited after the farce of the last trilogy.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

theflyingwasp said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

hmmm yes the Star Wars films.i wouldn't shed a tear if I could never watch the phantom menace and attack of the clones again ,I liked revenge of the sith.

as for the new trilogy ,the hype will be horrific but I'm not excited after the farce of the last trilogy.

Jedi's the best of a very bad bunch. Utter sh*te.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BenLaw said:
Yeah it's crap.

Sarcasm?

No, but as it's me I can see why you'd think so! I also 'don't get it' and find something very offputting about it. Star Wars is utter buzzcocks too. I prefer my SF films either more cheesy (Total Recall, T1 & 2) or psychedelic (2001, Solaris, Silent Running).

T

theflyingwasp

Even though Jedi was my favourite I still say it's a childhood thing the rankor scene below jabbas palace ,the pit of sarlac and the music when Luke defeats vader with the lightsaber must have had me mesmerised when I was a kid.

if Star Wars had came out now I wonder how it would have been received especially the incest undertones hmmmmm

T

theflyingwasp

I agree with all your films there ben but Solaris .....

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BenLaw said:
Yeah it's crap.

Sarcasm?

No, but as it's me I can see why you'd think so! I also 'don't get it' and find something very offputting about it. Star Wars is utter buzzcocks too. I prefer my SF films either more cheesy (Total Recall, T1 & 2) or psychedelic (2001, Solaris, Silent Running).

I like it, though I didn't the first few times I saw it. There's something about the overwhelming gloom of it all that won me over, It's depressing, but IMO, still a great film.

Marsbardark

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
theflyingwasp said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Jedi's the best of a very bad bunch. Utter sh*te.

Cook.off! Star Wars is great as is Bladerunner.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Marsbardark said:
Cook.off! Star Wars is great

You're wrong, but I will accept that I'm in the minority with my opinion.

Empire=good, Hope=just about watchable, Jedi=sh*t, and let's not even go there with the others. :p

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Marsbardark said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Marsbardark said:

Empire=good, Hope=just about watchable, Jedi=sh*t, and let's not even go there with the others. :p

You're wrong :)

No! You're wrong. :p

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Marsbardark said:

None of them are objectively any good. The only reason people like them is nostalgia. I like (almost) all the Star Trek films but (with the possible exception of number 10) I wouldn't say they're any good, I like them for the same reason people like Star Wars, nostalgia.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts