Blade Runner I just DONT get it!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

theflyingwasp

Stop it there's a tear in my eye.have fun at work tomorrow mr frog u busy little worker ant,saying that with all those posts I doubt u have.a.job. You winner you.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
Stop it there's a tear in my eye.have fun at work tomorrow mr frog u busy little worker ant,saying that with all those posts I doubt u have.a.job. You winner you.

I don't think that works particularly well as a put-down, considering I joined in Jan 2008 and you in Feb 2013. In other words, your post rate is somewhat comparable.

..and it's a bank holiday.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

It was me that mentioned heroes, but I was quite clearly referring to the men who fought in WW1 and WW2.

These men were conscripted, made to fight, they weren't idiots from the street who couldn't get a job, they already had jobs, but they fought to save this country from the Nazis, they genuinely fought for all of our freedoms.

I am against almost all wars, and I used to buy a white poppy for that reason, but I realized I was wrong, the men (especially of WW2) deserve all of our respects, and they are all of our heroes.

I understand there's a dark humour to what you say, and it is hard to convey that humour in written posts, but I do urge you to read a little about WW2, as I don't think you grasp quite what that war was about, and if that's true, it's a very sad indictment of our education system that you don't.

Without the men and women of WW2, who sacrificed their families and lives, you wouldn't have the comfortable life you have, none of us would.

It's about respect, that's all.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
No not all ,Hannibal isn't my favourite Ridley Scott film but it's still a damn good film ....why oh why did Jodie foster say no.

you know what I'm gonna watch Hannibal right now!

have you been watching the tv series?

I'm glad Foster said no. Julianne Moore is much better IMO.

I'm not a fan of the series though.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
It was me that mentioned heroes, but I was quite clearly referring to the men who fought in WW1 and WW2.

These men were conscripted, made to fight, they weren't idiots from the street who couldn't get a job, they already had jobs, but they fought to save this country from the Nazis, they genuinely fought for all of our freedoms.

I am against almost all wars, and I used to buy a white poppy for that reason, but I realized I was wrong, the men (especially of WW2) deserve all of our respects, and they are all of our heroes.

I understand there's a dark humour to what you say, and it is hard to convey that humour in written posts, but I do urge you to read a little about WW2, as I don't think you grasp quite what that war was about, and if that's true, it's a very sad indictment of our education system that you don't.

Without the men and women of WW2, who sacrificed their families and lives, you wouldn't have the comfortable life you have, none of us would.

Well said. My Dad (now 90) was a tank commander in Italy during WWII fighting against the Nazis, for which he was awarded the Military Cross. He lost many good men in the fight and what they, and many thousands more did to defend us against an abhorrent regime cannot be adequately described in words. On the anniversary of D-Day, that's well worth remembering.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Andy Clough said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Well said. My Dad (now 90) was a tank commander in Italy during WWII fighting against the Nazis, for which he was awarded the Military Cross. He lost many good men in the fight and what they, and many thousands more did to defend us against an abhorrent regime cannot be adequately described in words. On the anniversary of D-Day, that's well worth remembering.

One of my neighbours was part of the allied forces on D-Day, and very sadly, he died this morning on it's anniversary.

ClassAct

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I think it's interesting how it was stated many cartoons made in the forties and fifties wouldn't get past censorship/classification for being too violent today. I will say the same about the Supermarionation series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. An incredibly dark children's show, especially compared to other light hearted marionette shows like Thunderbirds etc.

I also saw Fantasia on BBC Two over the Christmas holidays, as good as it's always been and definitely one I'll getting on blu ray!

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Try watching a pirated DVD with the knowledge that you could be blown off any moment.... Think about it.

BB, just catching up in this thread and, having thought about it, it doesn't sound that to be honest!

Unless of course you meant to say 'blown up'??

;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts