Blade Runner I just DONT get it!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Blade Runner is, without question, one of the finest movies ever made.

Considering that the movie is now over 32 years old, its scope, imagery and moral questioning are still dazzling.

The movie has actually become more poignant as technology has advanced.

In all, a stunning achievement by Ridley Scott.

T

theflyingwasp

It was from the big lebowski - nihilist - bunny lebowskis boyfriend crashed out in the pool played by Peter stormare.

i am very proud to say I'm retired at 34 ,no mortgage ,no debt,no worries of any kind ,I dealt in high end film memorabilia for 11 years ,I have owned everything from original alien eggs from eh Alien to guns from Young Guns,I dealt with the loser ebay community for years selling high end box sets ,DVD,Blu ray movies and memoribilla and made many a penny at wondercon Germany,comic con London,new York and San Diego.most of the crap I sold is now on a site called cine museum.

as an example go to amazon and check out the Harry potter wizarding boxset and you will realise the amount of money these losers (virgins) spend on crap,or the sonny I robot head the list goes on.

only been into home cinema for a year and a half.

by this time next year I will be driving the exact same car that was in the movie faster that the rock drove.

and going back to an earlier conversation today .the reason I go a bit overboard with comments concerning mr Chaplin etc is because I BLOODY know exactly what the British and European public buy when it comes to home use - and I'm afraid to say guys the golden oldies are a minuscule percentage.i couldn't give half that crap away,and to be honest it's sad because they don't know what they are missing.

if I joined flicker and was able to upload photos I could upload photos of my current stock of 16000 items I am trying to unload to european distributors,because quite frankly I'm sick off looking at it.

and as for mr nicks smart comment about being a semi professional troll |( I'm not going to be all nicey nicey just to please complete strangers on a forum

yes ok I could be a bit more diplomatic with my answers but I do not class a hero someone who does a few weeks basic training and then flys off to Iraq to spend 6 months in a bloody tent and dosent even fire their weapon!!!!

I just find it amazing that you bad mouth people who risk their lives for betterment of humanity. Try watching a pirated DVD with the knowledge that you could be blown off any moment. No matter what their IQ is, they're earning an honest living and contributing to the economy of this country, not sitting on a seemingly endless pile of money. Think about it.

T

theflyingwasp

That's the frustrating thing .you simply cannot convey humour,sarcasm and pi##taking on a forum to people who may take things completely the wrong way or get all upset with a strong statement! Even tho you ment no harm ,it's just a bunch of guys talking sh## .face to face things would be forgotten about in minutes!

I doubt anybody would find berating WW1 fighters funny. Your style of humour seems to be berating other professions / underpriviledged section of the society / people with a certain lifestyle etc. Does anyone find it funny? I don't.

T

theflyingwasp

Ah yes but you see big boss.i have 3 mates who are in the forces and they are the ones who are angry and frustrated and telling me the things I'm telling you.im not making up a radical statement just to peeve people off .have a couple of drinks with a soldier and your jaw will drop with the stuff they say.

im not going to apologise because I'm not working till I'm 67 .we only get one shot at life!

"This is your life and it is ending one moment at at time"

tyler durden - fight club

T

theflyingwasp

I think a lot of people on this forum and many others for that matter are simply afraid to say what they really feel incase it upsets the apple cart.

your a doctor for gods sake how many times have bit your lip in anger treating the scum of the earth? In room A a young baby is dying of some horrible disease and in room B the long term degeneret junkie is pulling through thanks to you?

T

theflyingwasp

Who said anything about unemployment? This will come as no surprise but my dream job would be working in the odeon 20 hours a week or something run of the mill 3-4 days a week.

theflyingwasp said:
I think a lot of people on this forum and many others for that matter are simply afraid to say what they really feel incase it upsets the apple cart.

your a doctor for gods sake how many times have bit your lip in anger treating the scum of the earth? In room A a young baby is dying of some horrible disease and in room B the long term degeneret junkie is pulling through thanks to you?

Actually, never. I don't judge people when treating them. Harbouring negative sentiments will only trouble me. I simply do my job.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
It was from the big lebowski - nihilist - bunny lebowskis boyfriend crashed out in the pool played by Peter stormare.

Yeah, I've seen that too. I wouldn't define myself according to a philosophical doctrine parodied in a Coen brothers film, however. I'd want to find out a little more before committing.

theflyingwasp said:
I do not class a hero someone who does a few weeks basic training and then flys off to Iraq to spend 6 months in a bloody tent and dosent even fire their weapon!!!!

Are you arguing that heroism is defined by violent action?

You shouldn't really have a view on any of this, being a nihilist and all that. You clearly have very strong views on a lot of subjects.

T

theflyingwasp

Your only human! My mates wife works as a police custody officer and all the complete scum they she has to deal with that need medical attention someone has to patch these people up!

"big boss there is a gentlemen in room 4 needing treatment he badly hurt his hand punching his wife to death"

T

theflyingwasp

strapped for cash said:
theflyingwasp said:

Yeah, I've seen that too. I wouldn't define myself according to a philosophical doctrine parodied in a Coen brothers film, however. I'd want to find out a little more before committing.

theflyingwasp said:
I do not class a hero someone who does a few weeks basic training and then flys off to Iraq to spend 6 months in a bloody tent and dosent even fire their weapon!!!!

Are you arguing that heroism is defined by violent action?

You shouldn't really have a view on any of this, being a nihilist and all that. You clearly have very strong views on a lot of subjects.

so if someone joins the army or whatever ,in your eyes they are immediately a hero? Be honest strapped

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Agree with InfiniteLoop.

Bladerunner is one of the best films ever made.

Whoever said "wooden acting"...stick to Jackass...obviously more your style.

Possibly Rutger Hauer's greatest moment and if we are talking Harrison Ford, a grown-up film of the highest calibre (ok, Star wars is ok, I saw the first with my dad, at the cinema, and loved it...but I was 10...later in life I realised I had been the target audience...it is a kid's film.)

(And I have never bothered with Jedi , Empire, or the prequels... I'd rather watch Toy Story for kids fun.)

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
A joke strapped ,just a joke .jesus

Fair enough. I guess you're not really a nihilist then (I'd pretty much figured that out already).

When reading other posts (or indeed English prose more generally), have you noticed that writers punctuate after words, and then leave a space before the next word?

If there's a genuine reason for this, I apologise. If not, your posts would be easier to read if you adhered to conventions.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
so if someone joins the army or whatever ,in your eyes they are immediately a hero? Be honest strapped

I didn't say that, either.

I'd argue that heroism can be defined through all manner of actions. I certainly wouldn't regard violence as a prerequisite.

T

theflyingwasp

It was a matter.of time before punctuation came up.sad.what is.that got to do with anything.

T

theflyingwasp

Well ok then what is your opinion on what I said earlier.

my mate left a nice wee job earning £280 a week to join the army because his best mate did bearing in mind he was right on the cusp of getting in due to his age,he was rushed through basic training and had 2 tours in Iraq where he never saw ANY combat whatsoever or fired his weapon and spent almost all of it in a tent sweating his ass off .then leaves the army unknown to us at the time because he was being bullied by two 16 year olds!!! He was 33 and is now scraping by on a few hours work a week as a manual labourer still living with his parents! .... And this is a hero . :rofl:

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
It was a matter.of time before punctuation came up.sad.what is.that got to do with anything.

Punctuation has nothing to do with the wider issues discussed. Your posts would be easier to read if they were punctuated correctly, that's all.

Again, if there's a medical (or other) reason this becomes difficult, I apologise.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
my mate left a nice wee job earning £280 a week to join the army because his best mate did bearing in mind he was right on the cusp of getting in due to his age,he was rushed through basic training and had 2 tours in Iraq where he never saw ANY combat whatsoever or fired his weapon and spent almost all of it in a tent sweating his ass off .then leaves the army unknown to us at the time because he was being bullied by two 16 year olds!!! He was 33 and is now scraping by on a few hours work a week as a manual labourer still living with his parents! .... And this is a hero . :rofl:

I'm happy with that definition by way of anecdote. Now we've defined heroism in irrefutable terms, I can go to bed and sleep easy.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:

It was a matter of time before punctuation came up. Sad, what has that got to do with anything?

There, fixed it for you.

And imo, your mate is a braver man than you will ever be.

I personally would not spend 1 second in Iraq, expenses paid in a 5 star hotel, never mind in an army (ie, target) camp.

Our soldiers are at constant risk of being attacked. Whether it be abroad in some desert hell-hole, or at home (as we have unfortunately seen).

So, imo, they are all, heroes. And no amount of snide keyboard bashing will change that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts