amazonbasics hdmi cable, What hifi must review this bargain!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
http://tiny.cc/amazonbasics

please what hifi review this cable as it looks like it could be the business.

I have always been dubious about spending lots of money on digital cables, but i decided that the 0's and 1's are not affected, but the interference entering the cable could affect analogue circuitry further up the chain, and because of this i am now thinking that a heavily shielded cable is a good idea after all.

I have one of these in the post, but as i have no 'high end' hdmi cable to compare it to, my thoughts are not worth alot.

This seems to me like all the majority of people with normal eyes would need. a heavily shielded, gold plated 2m hdmi cable with decent build quality for under £11, ideal.

Finally someone is charging the price of what it costs, without charging excessive amounts extra for fairy dust and labels.

http://tiny.cc/amazonbasics

A

Anonymous

yeah thats a very fair point :) i wrote that after coming back from a gig, so i was probably a little wobbly. But i do trust amazon, and they have been on sale in america for a while now i think, and i have heard good things about its build quality.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Braided-Meters-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B002C1BHIO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259312404&sr=8-2

Its actually almost £20 over there so we are getting a good deal here, i dont know if its an introductory price. It certainly looks well made anyway...

(I think i was just being a bit fantastical in the vague hope of attracting a what hifi? review) sshhhh :)

A

Anonymous

proterra:Have a look on the thatcable site, its a good cable with good reviews in this mag. also under £6 for 1.5M

yes it does look ideal, i just reckon with amazons bulk buying power, they have probably been able to make a cable that is actually really good. Im not one for buying my best clothes from tescos, but my mother bought me a really nice 100% merino wool jumper for £20, sceptical at first, i actually am really impressed, hasnt even started bubbling, unlike my similar (but thinner) one from all saints that cost me £75 or something along those lines, i rarely wear the more expensive one now.

Anyway the moral of the story is amazon is not a cool brand so this wont add value, and they should be able to supply cables cheaper as they are a massive global shrine to capitalism.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, OK, we'll check it out!
emotion-2.gif

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
3m version of thatcable's hdmi lead arrived yesterday - haven't had a chance to try it yet but build quality looks excellent. Performance is all that counts of course, but the cable looks and feels much better than the £8 I paid for it would suggest.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just from looking at the picture can see a potential problem straight away - the plastic surround is way too big and will prevent connection on some kit.

I have had problems with both a sony 32 tv and the new optoma hd20 projector as the hmdi socket is counter suck and not flush to the unit so the cables don't engage properly - had to make two cuts at 45 degree angles to get the cable to fit and handshake properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts