What products you would love What HiFi to review? Some suggestions?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

podknocker

If and when the Cyrus Stream does get a review, it would make sense to use a Cyrus amp and a speaker worthy of the amp. Let's have a 'system review of the week' section. Let's start with my dream setup. I'll let you choose the cables!

Last edited:
If and when the Cyrus Stream does get a review, it would make sense to use a Cyrus amp and a speaker worthy of the amp. Let's have a 'system review of the week' section. Let's start with my dream setup. I'll let you choose the cables!
You may be right but normally, as I said, items are treated as individual entitities and slotted into the reviewers reference set-up.
You are unlikely to see a full system review as the reviewer then has no baseline to start from.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
A lot of people have DACs that are used in different ways and I personally prefer to use it, via a digital transport (I still use my DAC through my laptop and desktop PC) but in terms of interface and seamless operation, digital transports are the way forward.

It would be nice if WHF can tap into this, see below my suggestion - I use the Dacless version, which are much more affordable.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
There's plenty about the Eversolo elsewhere, including from owners.

A WHF review would be another opinion, but I'm not sure it would add anything new.....although it couldn't be less worthwhile than the 'sound quality' reviews they do (of things that don't make any sound 🤨).
I think WHF for many is their only port of call and this includes other stables, HIFI CHOICE, HIFINEWS and et'al, these portals give a certain accreditations.
My criticism of WHF and many others like it, they keep chewing the same patch of grass and there are many open fields out there.
Speaking of which, I originally wanted to purchase the EverSolo DMP-A6 but on the back of very positive reviews on the tube, people just gone nuts and most of the sellers I tried had sold out!
So I decided on stand a lone DAC and a separate digital transport/streamer.
All good, the EverSolo DAC Z8 and JF MX Pro combination is delightful 😊

Ps. Jitter Bug, wake me up before you go Solo...... (RIP George)
Like I said, they're all going nuts over this DAC Streamer!

1692885459993.png

This is perhaps the most balanced review of Eversolo DMP-A6

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnqsJ_Vfzws

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS