Who has booked their Star Wars tickets or are going to? Spoilers Alert

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Not yet, got to convince my 12 year old niece it's worth seeing!

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:

not yet but seriously thinking about because I don't want to miss this and it's got to be in imax..
Just convinced my niece so I will be booking them tomorrow. 3D isn't it? Cheers.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:

i dont book until the day i wanna go. i need to watch the first 3 before or not really? i'll see it in XPLUS if available if not ill go IMAX it. cineworld seats uncomfortable :(

D

Deleted member 2457

I just booked my tickets at the new ODEON at Milton Keynes Dons stadium, I think it is just 3D. No you don't have to watch the other movies before, but can if you want to. There is a Cinemax at the Xscape at Milton Keynes. Just the two I am aware of. Can't wait...

You can get beer, hot dogs and chips at the ODeon too!

bigboss said:

Link now clickable.

"The future of cinema technology arrives in the UK as IMAX Corporation today confirms the launch of its new laser projection system at one of its flagship cinemas, The Empire Leicester Square on 2nd October with The Walk: An IMAX 3D Experience. The Empire Leicester Square will be the first IMAX cinema in Europe to launch the new technology.

IMAX with laser represents a quantum leap forward in cinema technology – providing audiences with the sharpest, brightest, clearest and most vivid digital images ever, combined with a whole new level of immersive audio.

Designed from the ground up for IMAX’s largest screens, the dual 4K laser projection system is equipped with a new optical engine and suite of proprietary IMAX technologies capable of projecting an image with maximum resolution and sharpness, unparalleled 2D and 3D brightness, industry-leading contrast and an expanded color gamut that will allow filmmakers to present more vivid and exotic colors than ever before.

The new system also includes IMAX’s next-generation sound technology that delivers even greater power and precision for ultimate audio immersion. It has been upgraded to 12 discrete channels plus sub-bass, and includes additional side channels as well as new overhead channels that will improve the system’s ability to position sounds around the audience and further ensure every seat is the best in the house."

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
bigboss said:

Link now clickable.

"The future of cinema technology arrives in the UK as IMAX Corporation today confirms the launch of its new laser projection system at one of its flagship cinemas, The Empire Leicester Square on 2nd October with The Walk: An IMAX 3D Experience. The Empire Leicester Square will be the first IMAX cinema in Europe to launch the new technology.

IMAX with laser represents a quantum leap forward in cinema technology – providing audiences with the sharpest, brightest, clearest and most vivid digital images ever, combined with a whole new level of immersive audio.

Designed from the ground up for IMAX’s largest screens, the dual 4K laser projection system is equipped with a new optical engine and suite of proprietary IMAX technologies capable of projecting an image with maximum resolution and sharpness, unparalleled 2D and 3D brightness, industry-leading contrast and an expanded color gamut that will allow filmmakers to present more vivid and exotic colors than ever before.

The new system also includes IMAX’s next-generation sound technology that delivers even greater power and precision for ultimate audio immersion. It has been upgraded to 12 discrete channels plus sub-bass, and includes additional side channels as well as new overhead channels that will improve the system’s ability to position sounds around the audience and further ensure every seat is the best in the house."

so annoying when your hometown cinema doesnt have this new technology!! (nottingham)

D

Deleted member 2457

So I booked my tickets last night do you think they will be there today to collect? Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

Official trailer just released:

https://www.avforums.com/news/final-star-wars-poster-and-trailer-released-and-tickets-selling-out.12007

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Official trailer just released:

https://www.avforums.com/news/final-star-wars-poster-and-trailer-release...
Looks awesome!

D

Deleted member 2457

his dudeness said:
the final trailer,looks awsomehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE
Yep, that's the one I just linked too. Looks great!

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I can't be doing with 3D, it gives me a right headache. Is it only in 3D for iMax?
Not sure, but I do know that Steve Withers has booked his tickets in 2D because he said he doesn't do 3D conversion.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
bigboss said:

Link now clickable.

Apart from this new place I always thought Empire has the best cinema sound.

TRENDING THREADS