Who has booked their Star Wars tickets or are going to? Spoilers Alert

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I'm booked to see tomorrow on my birthday, the wife and daughter are taking me. Not booked in for imax because it's in 3D and just cannot get on with this format...

ive skipped passed the spoilers because this was originally 'who has bought the tickets' thread - naughty naughty gel :)
My bad.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
I hope this is released in 4K. It's release date might be around May. And UHD Blu Ray should be released by then!
I can't see me buying them!

might as well for futureproofing! wont have to re-buy :)

He means he won't be buying them full stop, gel hated the movie, albeit for daft reasons that have been very simply contradicted.

Still it's one less annoying "hot deal" thread to avoid in a few months!

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
I hope this is released in 4K. It's release date might be around May. And UHD Blu Ray should be released by then!
I can't see me buying them!

might as well for futureproofing! wont have to re-buy :)

He means he won't be buying them full stop, gel hated the movie, albeit for daft reasons that have been very simply contradicted.

Still it's one less annoying "hot deal" thread to avoid in a few months!
*smile*

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
I saw it in 2D tonight and came out wishing I had gone to see it in 3D instead - many of the aerial battle sequences looked like they had been filmed with 3D in mind so I will watch it again probably in IMAX 3D next time. The screen I saw it on also had banding issues and was very dim with distracting ceiling lights left switched on all the way through, so it did impact on the enjoyment of the movie.

that was my issue with bloody tiny spot lights in each corner of the cinema ceiling. It made the picture look all washed out and should have been pitch black. I complained, and the health and safetry line came out of the attendants mouth!

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
The worst film I have ever seen, terrible, terrible! I'll not state why because some people on this forum haven't seen it yet.
Come on let us know?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Series1boy said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I saw it in 2D tonight and came out wishing I had gone to see it in 3D instead - many of the aerial battle sequences looked like they had been filmed with 3D in mind so I will watch it again probably in IMAX 3D next time. The screen I saw it on also had banding issues and was very dim with distracting ceiling lights left switched on all the way through, so it did impact on the enjoyment of the movie.

that was my issue with bloody tiny spot lights in each corner of the cinema ceiling. It made the picture look all washed out and should have been pitch black. I complained, and the health and safetry line came out of the attendants mouth!

wow. what a joke. health and safety? bunch of rubbish!! i'd be so pissed

buzz_lightclick

I saw it again just before Xmas at the O2 Cineworld on the "Sky Superscreen" supposedly the biggest 3D screen in Europe. Well it was like watching a different film, I had good seats in the middle about 3 rows from the back and was very impressed with the picture quality. The audio was also excellent, I think it may have been Dolby Atmos but I'm not sure; the speech echoed a bit but the sound field was very immersive. It may become my screen of choice for this type of effects laden film!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
I saw it again just before Xmas at the O2 Cineworld on the "Sky Superscreen" supposedly the biggest 3D screen in Europe. Well it was like watching a different film, I had good seats in the middle about 3 rows from the back and was very impressed with the picture quality. The audio was also excellent, I think it may have been Dolby Atmos but I'm not sure; the speech echoed a bit but the sound field was very immersive. It may become my screen of choice for this type of effects laden film!

noway near the biggest screen in UK, nevermind europe. would like to see it there though

buzz_lightclick

nugget2014 said:
buzz_lightclick said:

noway near the biggest screen in UK, nevermind europe. would like to see it there though

http://www.theo2.co.uk/do-more-at-the-o2/cineworld

It says it's the widest 3D cinema screen in Europe. Which bigger ones do you know of in the UK then?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
nugget2014 said:
buzz_lightclick said:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/do-more-at-the-o2/cineworld

It says it's the widest 3D cinema screen in Europe. Which bigger ones do you know of in the UK then?

https://gyazo.com/7e64683217eae7dced8c699bb3fe0749

barely bigger than the screen at my local nottingham cinema.

Watched it on Cineworld IMAX Sheffield today. Absolutely loved it!! 3D was superb (although asking to put the red blue 3D glasses on and then showing bits of non-3D adverts was very distracting - the glasses were weird in that you can't see anything from the right glass when non-3D content is on!). No issues after the film started though.

I suppose you need to have watched the original Star Wars films to understand the beginning, hence some people may not have liked it.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Watched it on Cineworld IMAX Sheffield today. Absolutely loved it!! 3D was superb (although asking to put the red blue 3D glasses on and then showing bits of non-3D adverts was very distracting - the glasses were weird in that you can't see anything from the right glass when non-3D content is on!). No issues after the film started though.

I suppose you need to have watched the original Star Wars films to understand the beginning, hence some people may not have liked it.

weird! you get the old style glasses with different colours? at nottingham we used to have huge chunky glasses but now they are slimmed down

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
The glasses looked black, but when you look at them sideways, you can see red (left) and blue (right) hues. The blue one had a mirrored coating.

That's strange.

Anaglyph and light polarising 3-D glasses filter light in different ways. RealD content is incompatible with anaglyph 3-D glasses and vice versa.

To the best of my knowledge, RealD's circular polarising filters have no colour component, since this would corrupt the image's integrity beyond the dimming effect.

Glad you enjoyed the film.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
gel said:
George Lucas hated it too apparently.
Of course he did, he had no involvement in it, he was always going to hate it. If he'd had his way he'd have probably brought jar jar binks back from the dead...
he's not dead is he......or have you been reading that gungan fan fiction again ;-)

D

Deleted member 2457

carter said:
The_Lhc said:
gel said:
George Lucas hated it too apparently.
Of course he did, he had no involvement in it, he was always going to hate it. If he'd had his way he'd have probably brought jar jar binks back from the dead...
he's not dead is he......or have you been reading that gungan fan fiction again ;-)
Oh yeah, I don't think he is dead is he?

TRENDING THREADS