Who has booked their Star Wars tickets or are going to? Spoilers Alert

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

buzz_lightclick

I saw it in 2D tonight and came out wishing I had gone to see it in 3D instead - many of the aerial battle sequences looked like they had been filmed with 3D in mind so I will watch it again probably in IMAX 3D next time. The screen I saw it on also had banding issues and was very dim with distracting ceiling lights left switched on all the way through, so it did impact on the enjoyment of the movie.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
I saw it in 2D tonight and came out wishing I had gone to see it in 3D instead - many of the aerial battle sequences looked like they had been filmed with 3D in mind so I will watch it again probably in IMAX 3D next time. The screen I saw it on also had banding issues and was very dim with distracting ceiling lights left switched on all the way through, so it did impact on the enjoyment of the movie.

That's terrible buzz - you should complain. That's why I rarely bother with the cinema it's normally a let down of an experience

buzz_lightclick

It wasn't bad enough to complain about, I have read that some people who saw it in IMAX 3D also thought the screen was too dark so maybe it's just how it was shot. I still recommend seeing it though, full of action, laughs and nostalgia - just try and find a decent screen!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
cant go tonight god damn! tickets sold out for xplus except front row so having to go tomorrow at 7:50am. now in IMAX cineworld nottingham..will wake me up for sure

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
cant go tonight god damn! tickets sold out for xplus except front row so having to go tomorrow at 7:50am. now in IMAX cineworld nottingham..will wake me up for sure
I accidentally booked our tickets for the front row! *smile*

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
having to go tomorrow at 7:50am

I've never heard of a cinema screening a film so early in the morning (midnight screenings exempted, which I'd describe as late).

I guess it's a Saturday and I admittedly haven't kept a close eye on such things.

Sticking with my non-spoiler promise, I'll be interested to see what Rian Johnson -- director of Brick, Looper and Breaking Bad's finest hour -- does with Episode VIII.

D

Deleted member 2457

We were in IMAX screen too. Front row are terrible seats.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
Han Solo was the best part and ############# - what?

Although I'm not bothered, some readers haven't seen it yet and might prefer you didn't blurt out this stuff.
They shouldn't really be reading a Star Wars thread then. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

I have just put spoilers alert at the beginning of the thread.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
It's perhaps less complicated to scrub your earlier post and start an official "Episode VII (including spoilers)" thread in the "This week I have been watching" section. This seems a more appropriate destination than "Home Cinema."

Just a suggestion. I'm sure people will contribute as they get around to watching the film.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
What I would say, is that the earlier spoiler doesn't reveal the circumstances and context, which are arguably more important (in other words, it's kind of a semi-spoiler). Still probably best to delete that post, though, or at least remove the offending clause.

Anyway, contrary to my prediction, Ridley's the best thing in it (and that's really giving nothing away).

D

Deleted member 2457

I have to say I didn't like it. Just wasn't for me. I preferred 1-3 episodes too. And that is saying something.

D

Deleted member 2457

his dudeness said:
to late,and your attitude is poor,this was a who has tickets thread,and you no from avf about spoilers in threads regarding star wars.

[/quote I don't read that many threads on AVForums.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
What I would say, is that the earlier spoiler doesn't reveal the circumstances and context, which are arguably more important (in other words, it's kind of a semi-spoiler). Still probably best to delete that post, though, or at least remove the offending clause.

Anyway, contrary to my prediction, Ridley's the best thing in it (and that's really giving nothing away).

yes! Daisy is amazing. Second favourites bb-8 for the laughs (also chewie) who is after bb-8. I have never seen a Star Wars film but seen some clips and know a little bit with some characters. Going to watch them all soon! I give the film a 9.5/10 and daisy Ridley alone scored 2 points. My favourite actress now! That smile could brighten anyone's day

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
I accidentally booked our tickets for the front row! *smile*

seen spectre in the front row it's all that was left. With some man eating apples next to me. Very offputting. It's horrible! Although it wouldn't be as bad as front row at cineworld because you can recline in the leather seats which puts you back which helps. If I had to I would sit there again. But it wasn't good

chrissy657

May 4, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
I hope this is released in 4K. It's release date might be around May. And UHD Blu Ray should be released by then!

it would sure help it get off to a good start. I for one would buy it, even though I love watching films on my projector and haven't yet watched any bluray on my 4K tv yet this would certainly be a day one purchase on 4K.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
I hope this is released in 4K. It's release date might be around May. And UHD Blu Ray should be released by then!
I can't see me buying them!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm booked to see tomorrow on my birthday, the wife and daughter are taking me. Not booked in for imax because it's in 3D and just cannot get on with this format...

ive skipped passed the spoilers because this was originally 'who has bought the tickets' thread - naughty naughty gel :)

TRENDING THREADS