Who has booked their Star Wars tickets or are going to? Spoilers Alert

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
chrisr1718 said:
bigboss said:
Yes, it'll only be in 3D for IMAX.

No it won't! It's in 3D at my local, Guildford, and thats definitely not IMAX!!

I've booked for 2D anyway, don't like 3D, much to artificial.

You've misunderstood me. I meant you will not be able to watch the 2D version in IMAX.

i can't be watching it in 3D, I'll have to sleep in a dark room for about a week continuous. It just gives me bad headaches! Why not in 2d for imax!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
In case anyone missed it, there's a new "International" Force Awakens trailer out, with some napalm in the morning and possible Daisy Ridley/John Boyega Ikea moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNit858b6I

I'll whisper this -- BB8 may be the film's most animated character...

D

Deleted member 2457

Diamond Joe said:
I seriously doubt I'll get to see it at the cinema *unknw* I don't seem to be able to do anything these days, I haven't even been to see Spectre yet.
Oh dear, not good mate.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
4pm today.

I'm taking my brother (it's his birthday today, so we're doing this, among other things) and nephew (aged four, has chickenpox, but nothing's gonna stop him seeing the new Star Wars film).

The reviews are positive, so hopefully it'll be fun.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
4pm today.

I'm taking my brother (it's his birthday today, so we're doing this, among other things) and nephew (aged four, has chickenpox, but nothing's gonna stop him seeing the new Star Wars film).

The reviews are positive, so hopefully it'll be fun.
Well done buddy! That sounds great. Enjoy and let's us know all about it. *smile*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
aged four, has chickenpox, but nothing's gonna stop him seeing the new Star Wars film

I'm sure all the people who come away from the cinema with a nice dose of chickenpox for Xmas/New Year will be so grateful to you for making the effort ;-)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Looking to try and slot-in a visit to my local Vue between Xmas and New Year. Though I haven't pre-booked, never ever needed to. Maybe on this occasion I'm being naive...

D

Deleted member 2457

Diamond Joe said:
gel said:
Diamond Joe said:
I seriously doubt I'll get to see it at the cinema *unknw* I don't seem to be able to do anything these days, I haven't even been to see Spectre yet.
Oh dear, not good mate.
Yeah, pretty hopeless huh?! Hope you enjoy it. Who knows, I might surprise myself and actually go!!
Cheers mate. *smile*. I have to buy my niece tickets so she will come with me!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
spiny norman said:
I'm sure all the people who come away from the cinema with a nice dose of chickenpox for Xmas/New Year will be so grateful to you for making the effort ;-)

He's not infectious at this stage, otherwise we wouldn't have taken him.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Enjoy and let's us know all about it. *smile*

Best to let people see it and make up their own mind, I think.

It'll be hard to avoid spoilers, unless you avoid the whole internet (and TV, and radio, and newspapers, and conversations down the pub...).

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I know of a few people who were going tonight. I've told them all the same thing: when I see them, I want to know one thing and one thing only. Does Luke Skywalker turn to the dark side. If so, I don't feel I want to watch it (even though I probably will), because it's just not how I want to see the character develop: a repetition of his dad, for the sake of making three more films.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Booked for 5th January at Cineworld IMAX Sheffield! :)

was contemplating seeing it in IMAX but the leather reclining seats and dolby atmos persuaded me to go XPLUS. damn IMAX seats and all cineworld seats so uncomfortable for me feels like sitting on concrete all the time ruins the experience.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Went to see it tonight and I loved it.....I was totally encaptured from start to finish,not sure if any film can reach the levels of the origanals as expectations are so much more now but I defiantly have no complaints. :)

some great effects in I max but will be going to see it in 2d on Monday.....defiantly deserves a 2nd viewing & probably a 3rd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts