Which cd player for Arcam FMJ19 & PMC20.21

charlesrichardson

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Having an Arcam FMJ19 and the PMC 20.21 speakers I need some advice on which cd played might be best for these.

I use an old Cambridge Audio cd player currently but obviously seek something more compatible. For my own reasons I will not consider Naim having recently disposed of an XS based system.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
charlesrichardson said:
Having an Arcam FMJ19 and the PMC 20.21 speakers I need some advice on which cd played might be best for these.

I use an old Cambridge Audio cd player currently but obviously seek something more compatible. For my own reasons I will not consider Naim having recently disposed of an XS based system.

Err ... Arcam CDS27?

Does the Cambridge have an optical or coaxial out?if so maybe you should consider Arcam ir dac or the d33,using the player as a transport,that way you'd also have a headstart if you fancy going down the streaming route at a later date and an excellent cd player to boot.

charlesrichardson said:

The obvious would be Arcams own CDPs. If not then Exposure 2010S is a cracking combo, as is Rotel. I've had the Exposure on home dem a few years ago and I owned a Rotel RCD. Both excellent combos with Arcam.

Perhaps look at Rega also.

rainsoothe

chebby said:
charlesrichardson said:

Err ... Arcam CDS27?

+1. They sound great together. And hey: streaming!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts