whats happenig with advance acoustic?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ok i read the review on the last issue and was dissapointed i was expecting AD to come up with a nice produt as i remember even the review before that was not good but .... and here comes a doubt .... but why does AD get good erviews with an other well know hi-fi mag of wich we are gonna hide the name ( hi-fi c****E) the powe amp and pre amp combo got a 5 star review and the integrated amp got a 4 star review i think. so... is it just that whf hasent tested the same products? or is it amatter of oppinion ? this is important for me and for those who like me have some intrest in AD products so please be kind guys and reply! your loyal reader sex.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We review products comparatively - testing every product (even First Test kit) against others in its class, not in isolation.

As HFC says itself in its current issue, where it takes a five-star Best Buy down to a three-star product in a Group Test: "It's always more difficult to assess a component's relative quality in isolation."

We also judge on performance-per-pound: so it's not enough that a product is good, it has to be good-value, too. Again, that's not the approach some others take.

A

Anonymous

...although you have to give it to them for sticking those lovely VU meters on their products... (In Homer's voice) "ooooh, 70s....."

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think with a million squid's listening rooms and a panel vote, the WHF test seems to be the one...

Just waiting for my invitation to WHF Towers now, so that I can PR you some more...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:I think with a million squid's listening rooms and a panel vote, the WHF test seems to be the one...

Just waiting for my invitation to WHF Towers now, so that I can PR you some more...

But of course, the most important listening room, is your own. No millions of squids can really reproduce that. And a 2 star product can outdo a 5 star product in your own space...Its just a pity more people don't realise that, rather than buying blind based on one review.... ;(

T

the record spot

fr0g:JoelSim:I think with a million squid's listening rooms and a panel vote, the WHF test seems to be the one...

But of course, the most important listening room, is your own. No millions of squids can really reproduce that. And a 2 star product can outdo a 5 star product in your own space...Its just a pity more people don't realise that, rather than buying blind based on one review.... ;(

Oh, amen to that!

(Although admittedly, my speakers were such a purchase way back in sunny 1997!)

A

Anonymous

I was one of the three who recently won the competition and it was a fantastic occasion to have met the reviewing team and view all of the testing rooms including listening to What Hi-Fi's reference system. I'll never forget it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts