What would you do? - Sony v Panasonic v Pioneer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know everyone is raving about the Pioneer 428 and i'm sure it is as good as everyone says but let me show you a problem i have.

For the same money i could get a Panasonic 50pz70Ped or a Sony 46w3000

So if it was up to you which one would you go for, bigger or better

My viewing distance will be about 4m and it's for a equal share or PS3 gaming/Blu-ray/Freeview

A

Anonymous

I'm in a very similar position...

I really like the look of the Sony, plus i really like their RHT-G800 stand, so putting the 2 together would probably be good!

My choice is just between the Sony and Pioneer. The way i see it is the Plasma will make more noise, may not handle fast-moving sports tv as well, but will handle SD broadcasts better.

The Sony is of course the FULL HD choice, being completely future-proof and displaying all the pixels it should be doing. My problem is that i don't think it'll handle SD broadcasts too well, and i don't care what anyone says, unless all you do is watch films, then you're not going to watch a lot of HD content day-to-day..

Sorry, not much help, but i share your problems!

On different forums there's usually an LCD forum and a Plasma forum, and it's very difficult to get an unbiased view i think, after all, people have shelled out a LOT of money for these tv's, that's why i joined up here, for some impartial advice.

Axum

A

Anonymous

At 4 m I would go for a bigger screen !

I went for a 50" Panny at the same sort of distance

A

Anonymous

How would standard def look with a 50'' screen , i'm worried that because of the size of the screen it'd look a bit ropey

A

Anonymous

This is one of main factors that put me off from buying a 50inc TV.............If your main diet is going to be SD.....for goodness sake don't get a 50incher. 42 max should be your target otherwise you may well regret having to watch all that noise and grain before you. Don't go a Sony either. Stick to either the Panasonic, Pioneer and do compare against the Samsung plasma. My PS42Q97HDX is great on SKY SD but also to benefit from a better signal if indeed you have SKY SD, upgrade your Dish to at least a 60cm one and make sure you have a good LNB attached too and you shuld be suitably pleased with the outcome.

A

Anonymous

Yes, unless your viewing diet is largely HD then stick to 42". If you want a bigger screen you could always sit a bit nearer. If your budget was unlimited, my local Bentalls has the Pioneer 508XD (£2400) sited so you can clearly view from any distance and the SD transmission looked pretty good or try and view the LX508D(£3300) which, apparently, is even better.

For me, only dreams!

A

Anonymous

I have to say that SD looks amazing on the Panasonic TH-50PZ700. It is at least as good as my 3 yr old Panasonic CRT. Can't fault it actually. Fed through a SKY HD box

A

Anonymous

I'd still buy the TV I have. A Samsung PS50Q97HDX. Fantastic screen and available for £950 delivered. Check www.Kelkoo.co.uk

Definitely at 4m you need a 50 inch screen.

Although the 8th gen Pioneers are the best screens in the world, they're not worth the extra money in my opinion. It's just not feasable. They should be £300 more than the competition not double the competition. Crackers prices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts