What hifi for Monitor Audio GR10s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I'm looking for a hifi to partner with my Monitor Audio GR10s in my new kitchen/diner, for a budget around £1,000. It'll need amp, radio (internet ideally) and streaming from my NAS. CD handy but isn't essential. It won't be for dedicated listening, but I'm quite fussy about what I listen to ;o)

The room may be quite bright - wooden floor, lots of glass, hopefully softened by heavy curtains and books on six shelves. I've had DAB, CAT5 and speaker cables all buried nicely so it should all be quite neat.

The Naim Uniti Qute looks interesting, but I'm told Naim can be fairly forward. I have an Arcam Solo in my office which I like. And the Linn Sneaky DS looks interesting, though with just 20W, will it drive my speakers to fill a 8x4m room?

What devices are worth listening to? Do I need something warm to balance the bright room and speakers?

Thanks in advance![:)]

Ben

wordsman:Hello

I'm looking for a hifi to partner with my Monitor Audio GR10s in my new kitchen/diner, for a budget around £1,000. It'll need amp, radio (internet ideally) and streaming from my NAS. CD handy but isn't essential. It won't be for dedicated listening, but I'm quite fussy about what I listen to ;o)

The room may be quite bright - wooden floor, lots of glass, hopefully softened by heavy curtains and books on six shelves. I've had DAB, CAT5 and speaker cables all buried nicely so it should all be quite neat.

The Naim Uniti Qute looks interesting, but I'm told Naim can be fairly forward. I have an Arcam Solo in my office which I like. And the Linn Sneaky DS looks interesting, though with just 20W, will it drive my speakers to fill a 8x4m room?

What devices are worth listening to? Do I need something warm to balance the bright room and speakers?

Thanks in advance!
emotion-1.gif

Ben

Definitely Arcam. The Naim should be okay with the Gold sreies, although can't be 100%.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts