What cables?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
Been giving this a bit of thought. If there are differences between cables, then surely there would be audible (even if we can't hear them) differences that could be measured by way of some electronic gizmo hooked up to a mic?

Sorry PP, don't mean to hi-Jack your thread.

I have often pondered this one myself and wondered if measurements have ever been taken like this in an anechoic chamber. Anybody know?

Because it's pointless?

You're having a laugh aren't you? It would prove one way or another that there are differences.

You don't need a mic and an anechoic chamber, you can just compare the signal at the end of the cables. A null test, signal wire to signal wire.

Ok, so what have your null tests revealed?

I haven't done any. I already know what the results will be.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
Been giving this a bit of thought. If there are differences between cables, then surely there would be audible (even if we can't hear them) differences that could be measured by way of some electronic gizmo hooked up to a mic?

I have often pondered this one myself and wondered if measurements have ever been taken like this in an anechoic chamber. Anybody know?

Because it's pointless?

You're having a laugh aren't you? It would prove one way or another that there are differences.

You don't need a mic and an anechoic chamber, you can just compare the signal at the end of the cables. A null test, signal wire to signal wire.

Don't feed it Freddy. You know you shouldn't feed it.

TrevC

Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

Your posts are indistinguishable from those of a childish idiot.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

*biggrin* I have to admit that I'm a sceptic, but happy to be proved wrong. I see it this way, if cable manufacturers are so confident in their products, they would publish the results in a properly conducted fashion. Maybe they do? Dunno. But it would at least end the debate.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

Sorry, but you just lost the debate
thumbs_up.gif

TrevC

Freddy58 said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

*biggrin* I have to admit that I'm a sceptic, but happy to be proved wrong. I see it this way, if cable manufacturers are so confident in their products, they would publish the results in a properly conducted fashion. Maybe they do? Dunno. But it would at least end the debate.

The foo cable manufacturers won't do anything to harm the health of the goose that lays the golden eggs. So no proper objective tests from them, not now, not ever. Just the subjectivist airy fairy twaddle in WHF reviews.

TrevC

Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

Sorry, but you just lost the debate

Debate? Was there one?

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

You've repeatedly overstepped the mark recently. Either behave like a responsible adult or go back to your cave.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Freddy58 said:

Completely agree. An acoustic test would end the debate once and for all.

TrevC

matt49 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

You've repeatedly overstepped the mark recently. Either behave like a responsible adult or go back to your cave.

Find just one example. I'll save you the trouble, you're imagining it. Who do you think you are anyway?

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm convinced that cables do differ. I once tested it in a very simple way and I detected differences. Also give my wife a blind test and she could hear differences between the two.

Should take an osciloscope from school or an multimeter and test it again but the disbelivers are unteachable. And if someone else don't believe that cables do differ, why should I bother to convince him/her.....

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
matt49 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Freddy58 said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Freddy58 said:

Because it's pointless?

Find just one example. I'll save you the trouble, you're imagining it. Who do you think you are anyway?

There's an example in your post above. Clue: look for the words 'childish idiot'.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Reijer said:
I'm convinced that cables do differ. I once tested it in a very simple way and I detected differences. Also give my wife a blind test and she could hear differences between the two.

Should take an osciloscope from school or an multimeter and test it again but the disbelivers are unteachable. And if someone else don't believe that cables do differ, why should I bother to convince him/her.....

If u would choose an oscilloscope OR a multimeter then u ain't the one to understand scientific measurements. Stick to your wife's unreliable proof - tho we often meet similar wives here and I am sure your simple test was based on solid scientific principles.

It is possible to prove existence but not non-existence. eg fairies, UFOs, LocNess monsters. Only needs one proof but there never has been.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
God cannot exist because of Eric, the God eating magic penguin.

Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, He automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn’t exist, God doesn’t exist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts