Week old 50GT50 Buzzing..!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the truck had not made it in time to the warehouse! I will defo b pushing towards a gesture. I had to call myself to find out that they weren't coming! All good tho, s--t happens. Regardless of this, u can't beat JL customer service.. Lol.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Nick_Shepherd said:
The 2013 sets won't be too far off but also won't be £999....

Though 2013 models will be showcased at CES in January, it'll be a fair few months before they're available commercially. In other words, you'll still have to wait a while if you want a newer model Panasonic plasma.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
When I first ordered mine on the Wednesday, they couldn't arrange delivery because of some sort of system crash.

Could this system crash have affected your order, and maybe there were orders that have gone missing?

Personally I think JL took too many orders in the days after Christmas and now can't meet deliveries due to stock shortages and/or overloaded delivery rounds. The GT50 + BDP offer sold out in a matter of hours. If discussion on this forum is anything to go by, a lot of people pounced as soon as the price dropped.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Agreed strapped....

so what level go 'good will' do people think would be about right?

given that it was meant for new year etc.....

£100 in vouchers?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Agreed strapped....

so what level go 'good will' do people think would be about right?

given that it was meant for new year etc.....

£100 in vouchers?

I reckon you will get £50-£100 cash back, from personal experience.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
They ended up giving £50 in cash.. Not bad! To top it off, they delivered the TV just now to my surprise!! They did say Friday, but I'm not complaining! Lol. Here's hoping for a gawd set..

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
They ended up giving £50 in cash.. Not bad! To top it off, they delivered the TV just now to my surprise!! They did say Friday, but I'm not complaining! Lol. Here's hoping for a gawd set..

Ah nice one! Let us know how you get on.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just set the baby up. Slight buzzing noise, not bad as last time around. Have to lsten out for it, so i can live with that. Blacks seem to b a lot better also..More detail.. After seeing the black on the new set, I realised the blacks were blocky and lost detail.. On the old set.. If that makes sense..? Back to run in mode.. Tick, tock, lol.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Mine arrived also, and £50 although was offered £35 first.....seems fair to me as I do have a few days to test it.....will set up later today and hope for no buzz......I have very sensitive ears!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Nice one guys! Keep us updated how you get on. With the buzzing it does buzz naturally more on white colours but then should go quiet again when the white colour goes. That is when you know you have got a good one. All plasmas do buzz a little but it should not be distracting. And when you first power on it goes to the av screen and the hdmi inputs, you should not hear buzzing then either. The second one I had buzzed really loud as soon as I powered on and it was not even on a channel! That was distracting.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Not set up yet but before I do, any pointers re buzzing and running in would be good....

gel mentions there should be no buzz if no picture, and I do worry a bit as have always had LCD and have sensitive hearing and pick up annoying noises (wife excluded) easily......so I'll see how buzzy this one is.....surely if its ok it shouldn't buzz at all?

Does running in mean you leave it on continuously or that it won't be at its best for a bit?

D

Deleted member 2457

Nick_Shepherd said:
Not set up yet but before I do, any pointers re buzzing and running in would be good....

gel mentions there should be no buzz if no picture, and I do worry a bit as have always had LCD and have sensitive hearing and pick up annoying noises (wife excluded) easily......so I'll see how buzzy this one is.....surely if its ok it shouldn't buzz at all?

Does running in mean you leave it on continuously or that it won't be at its best for a bit?

Let us know how you get on and good luck! Don't worry about the buzzing hopefully you will be fine. I would not leave it on continously, it just means not changing the picture settings until run in.

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, TV has been on for last 5 hours. I've just seen the two blurry noisey lines again on SD channels.. As usual all other content is fine. Now I'm more confused then before. Is this a TV issue, or reception.. 16.9 overscan is off, when its on it hides the edges and then cant be seen.. Is this considered a fault..

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
Okay, TV has been on for last 5 hours. I've just seen the two blurry noisey lines again on SD channels.. As usual all other content is fine. Now I'm more confused then before. Is this a TV issue, or reception.. 16.9 overscan is off, when its on it hides the edges and then cant be seen.. Is this considered a fault..

Is it on freeview you are getting this? Or is it Sky?

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
On freesat! I have no other source connected yet!

And on freesat it is there on every channel? On Blu-ray is it perfect? No trace?

D

Deleted member 2457

civilian said:
On freesat SD channels it only occurs. Freesat HD channels are fine. BR is fine, DVD also fine.

I don't get it! I don't have freesat either to have a look. I am just on Sky and is perfect on all channels. Perhaps someone else can have a look?

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Agreed its weird! When I first mentioned it nobody really new what the problemo was..! I'm not sure what to do.. Re-return it.. Keep it! I can't determine weather it's going to get worse.. That's the real problem!

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
There prob half an inch either side of the panel. All SD channels! They are well pounced on the BBC channels as they have a lot off varied programmes! Hope someone can help or advise.. This is really frustrating, I just wish to enjoy my TV. Makes me think if I should have stuck with LCD!!

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear.. It tells me it is an issue. This is my second set, same prob. Laser is your 16.9 overscan on or off? Mines off and they show up, on they don't. I guess I'll have to return the set again..! This is killing me!!!!!!!

civilian

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I don't use it, is because it enlarges the screen slightly..! Saying that, nobody can determine if its a prob or not.. And at that price i do want a set that is clear of this.

TRENDING THREADS