Upgrade, cd or speakers?

bluenose

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Want to upgrade either cd or speakers, both about 14 yrs old. Have listened to MA RS1, RS5, RS6, BR5, Quad 11L2, KEF IQ5SE and B&W 685 and I cant say I've been too impressed. Demo'd with Cyrus 6 amp+ Marantz 6002cd and Naim cd & amp( this combo felt like my ears were being shredded so changed amp for Roksan) Any thoughts other than that my ears are knackered welcome. Budget £400 - £500

A

Anonymous

Just to clarify, what kit have you got that said speakers or CDP should fit into? What music do you listen to? What sound do you like?

bluenose

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Cyrus 5 amp, Rega P2, Nad PP1, Pioneer PDS-503, Bose Acoustimass, Pinnacle Home Music server/internet radio.
I suppose I like a warmish sound, listen to rock and pop, from Pantera to Parsons. No classical, almost no jazz.

A

Anonymous

Naim kit with Neat speakers sounds very nice (no ear shredding going on).

It's all about the right matching. There are quite a few people here with Cyrus kit that will be able to tell you which speakers match well.

T

the record spot

Revolver RW16s (I think) picked up a good review some time ago in Hi Fi World; balanced, smooth sound apparently. Don't sound like a tiresome listen and might be worth investigating. Around your budget too I think. WHF gave them a 4 star review a while back as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts