Rega Elex-R, Elicit-R or what?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Diamond Joe said:
jonathanRD said:
Diamond Joe said:
Pre/power? *dirol*

Is you name really Joe? you seem very well informed *yes3*
Haha, you've rumbled me, I'm really Mystic Meg, but don't tell anyone *mosking*

To echo nopiano: wow indeed, nice find.

Hang on, I am mystic meg...... Nothing wrong with a little Exposure... unless you're caught of course. ;-)

pozdraf

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
It's been most interesting to read this thread especially because I am looking in very similar direction at the moment. Consideration is to replace Brio-R with Elicit-R, Vincent sv237, Arcam A39 or Exposure 3010s2d. Maybe Musical Fidelity m5si, maybe Naim, maybe.. Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Nice to see that I'm not the only one undertaking such a journey. Looking forward to see more OP's comments about his new pre and monoblocks.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
SemiChronic said:
Hi, i know this might go against the grain, and im probably only reccomending it because ive got one. The Cambridge 851A. Paired with good speakers and a good source i thini youd be impressed. Just a suggestion if youre struggling to audition, richers usually have the better Roksans available too.

Had this amp about a year now and love it, so much so i even upgraded my streamer to 851N and feel my hifi is pretty much complete, unless i get into 20/30k territory.

Cheers SemiChronic, I do have a RS in my city. I'm not sure why, but I didn't really consider Cambridge or Roksans, or anything from RS for that matter. I'm sorted now anyway, but I just found it interesting to reflect on why my focus was elsewhere.

Maybe partly based on what I was aware of in terms of brands - emotionally it was the Regas, Creeks, Exposures, Naim, AVI, IQ/IPL/Nord, and Leema. All what I considered to be British designed and mostly assembled in the UK. Oh and I really wanted a Leema amp, made in Wales see! £2995 was a stretch for the Quasar, even for me. It didn't help that they took so long to bring it into production. I bet it will be fantastic! *sorry2*

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So the 3010S2D & 2x 3010S2's were safety delivered on Monday this week. As I had to go out, I just had enough time to re-arrange my AV rack temporarily and get them positioned, connected, and powered up. Exposure advise 48hrs 'run in' before they reach 'optimal performance', and then subsequently a 20 minute 'run in' each time.

So I have left them running each evening without paying too much attention to any critical listening. But I am already noticing a wider soundstage, better clarity, certainly more bass and oomph!. And I think I am hearing more emotion in voices. Or I am simply imagining it *smile*

On a sad note, the seller was the same dealer who I had the original Exposure 3010S2D integrated amp from for my home demo. Unfortunately he decided to close the business and by sheer coincidence I picked up one of his last items of stock. Sad, as he was a nice guy, extremely helpful and obliging and very passionate about the products he was selling.

I am going to open a new thread to specifically give my review of the Exposure gear. I'll give it a week maybe and then post my thoughts. I'm quietly very satisfied *man_in_love*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
So the 3010S2D & 2x 3010S2's were safety delivered on Monday this week. As I had to go out, I just had enough time to re-arrange my AV rack temporarily and get them positioned, connected, and powered up. Exposure advise 48hrs 'run in' before they reach 'optimal performance', and then subsequently a 20 minute 'run in' each time.

So I have left them running each evening without paying too much attention to any critical listening. But I am already noticing a wider soundstage, better clarity, certainly more bass and oomph!. And I think I am hearing more emotion in voices. Or I am simply imagining it *smile*

On a sad note, the seller was the same dealer who I had the original Exposure 3010S2D integrated amp from for my home demo. Unfortunately he decided to close the business and by sheer coincidence I picked up one of his last items of stock. Sad, as he was a nice guy, extremely helpful and obliging and very passionate about the products he was selling.

I am going to open a new thread to specifically give my review of the Exposure gear. I'll give it a week maybe and then post my thoughts. I'm quietly very satisfied *man_in_love*

Nice new toys
Look forward to reading your write up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts