TrevC

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Interesting you got an uptone audio regen - what do you think of it - what USB cable do you use with it??

What are you powering the Regen with?

I could tell you a 100 things to do to give you better sound like that has done, are you on AVF?

I almost daren't tell you that it has made a difference after the last time I raised this on here....

Anyway, to hell with it. To my ears it seems to make the sound more defined. Leading edges are sharper and bass is more textured and, well, yes, more defined.

It's being powered by the PS it came with and the USB cable is a simple printer cable, because I prefer the sound of that to almost any other USB cable I've used into the Devialet 200. When I use it with my Chord DAC, I prefer a fairly basic Chord Cable USB cable to the printer cable (the Chord cable seems a bit laid back, which seems to suit the Chord DAC). In both instances, the sound is better. It is subtle, but I can tell when it isn't plugged in.

I'm not on AVF. - Whatever that is....

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop} You should hear either pair fed by a Devialet using SAM... [/quote said:
It matters not what they are fed with, they both roll off sharply below 50Hz, so can't properly reproduce organ type deep bass or bass drum thuds.

The Devialet with SAM takes the Focals down to 26.4Hz and the Sonus Fabers down to 27.4Hz....

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop} You should hear either pair fed by a Devialet using SAM... [/quote said:
It matters not what they are fed with, they both roll off sharply below 50Hz, so can't properly reproduce organ type deep bass or bass drum thuds.

The Devialet with SAM takes the Focals down to 26.4Hz and the Sonus Fabers down to 27.4Hz....

Within what dB limits? You can't get bass from a speaker that can't reproduce it simply by using eq.

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:
those who believe that everything can be explained by science only, belong in the same club as those who believe in an old book.

The old book of fairytales is superceded by a modern science book filled with current knowledge. OK, we don't know everything, but we do know that snakes can't talk and stars can't fall from the sky. If we go with the evidence for what we do know and actually admit we don't know what we don't know, instead of simply making stuff up like the Bible writers did, we won't go far wrong.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:
those who believe that everything can be explained by science only, belong in the same club as those who believe in an old book.

The old book of fairytales is superceded by a modern science book filled with current knowledge. OK, we don't know everything, but we do know that snakes can't talk and stars can't fall from the sky. If we go with the evidence for what we do know and actually admit we don't know what we don't know, instead of simply making stuff up like the Bible writers did, we won't go far wrong.

That I can live with.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
ellisdj said:
Interesting you got an uptone audio regen - what do you think of it - what USB cable do you use with it??

What are you powering the Regen with?

I could tell you a 100 things to do to give you better sound like that has done, are you on AVF?

I almost daren't tell you that it has made a difference after the last time I raised this on here....

Anyway, to hell with it. To my ears it seems to make the sound more defined. Leading edges are sharper and bass is more textured and, well, yes, more defined.

It's being powered by the PS it came with and the USB cable is a simple printer cable, because I prefer the sound of that to almost any other USB cable I've used into the Devialet 200. When I use it with my Chord DAC, I prefer a fairly basic Chord Cable USB cable to the printer cable (the Chord cable seems a bit laid back, which seems to suit the Chord DAC). In both instances, the sound is better. It is subtle, but I can tell when it isn't plugged in.

I'm not on AVF. - Whatever that is....

Make that 102 ways I can help you.

AVF is Av Forum - its got personal messaging - no point starting this type of chat on here it will be illegalised by a certain mob

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I believe in music.

I want one of these more than you can imagine ! *man_in_love*

I will need to audition one first of course, can you get credit terms in the afterlife, a sort of die, try and buy with a free 30 day sale or return after death ? *biggrin*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
Vladimir said:
I believe in music.

I will need to audition one first of course, can you get credit terms in the afterlife, a sort of die, try and buy with a free 30 day sale or return after death ? *biggrin*

Do they do a Playboy Bunny Version of that?

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
After the assassination at Charlie Hebdo, we had a public debate what we are allowed to laugh about. In memory of the killed mens and womens all around the world by the very unfunny Islamic state, I will now post this meme :
infidel141.jpg

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
Vladimir said:
I believe in music.

I want one of those NOW. Looks way nicer than my bed and looks like it sounds bloody good. *music2*

Burn in, or rot in... hmmm

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
After the assassination at Charlie Hebdo, we had a public debate what we are allowed to laugh about. In memory of the killed mens and womens all around the world by the very unfunny Islamic state, I will now post this meme :

The real essential question is, do atheists listen to The Carpenters and Christian rock? And do Christian believers listen to Satan worshiping rock music, spawning from the verses of Aleister Crowley?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
A person of faith was asked what would change her mind about the existence of God , she replied " Nothing "

A scientist was asked what would change her mind about the existence of God , she replied " Evidence "

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope that some type of alien beings will make themselves known to us ( preferably benign ) whist I am still alive just to see what all the different religions reaction would be and what they would do and say in responce .

It would blow almost all their beliefs out of the water, apart from scientologists of course .*biggrin*

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
keeper of the quays said:
All of us have souls..even Trev! Lol whether we choose to acknowledge this is up to us...when I was a young man..i thought similar to Trevor..i would argue the toss about anything! Thinking I knew better..as I'm getting older I'm finding I know nothing really..life has a way of bashing preconceived notions in my view..i can't prove we all have souls..i just know we have! We are spirit beings having a human experience..

I acknowledge the brain function that provides us with the feeling that we have a soul and the imagination that tells us there is such a thing as a spirit.

http://www.michaelshermer.com/2003/03/demon-haunted-brain/

Trev, I think you failed to understand the points of my post. My fault because the answer to life was accidentally deleted and I couldn't remember all the pieces. But the point is, the brain, consciousness are all irrelevant when compared to the question "how come its me?" The fact that it is you, is probably infinitely more amazing than the amazingness of the brain. You, are the answer you are looking for! ;-) And that, has nothing to do with the brain.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny though Trev, as mentioned before, Jesus never said any of these things. Sure it's in the old testament, but nothing like this came from Jesus. He could have done, and people of the time would have believed Him, but he didn't. A minor curiosity. Now I'm not saying whether I'm religious or not, but I think you do need to get some facts right before making spurious claims in arguments. Again and again!

K

keeper of the quays

It was three things that Jesus said for us to do..honour your parents, be nice to your neighbours and love god..thats it! Hardly difficult you would think? If we adhered to this I think our world would be a much better place! One could I suppose extrapolate this to..honour your parents? Be respectful of what came before and remember history? Be nice to your neighbours? Accepting differences with other races and not judging? And love god? God made the world so loving the world we inhabit! These aren't tub thumping dictacs from a angry narrow minded god? Jesus also gave us the eleventh commandment 'love one another' how cool is that commandment? Beatles said all you need is love! And guess what? Love really is all you need!

TrevC

radiorog said:
TrevC said:
All of us have souls..even Trev! Lol whether we choose to acknowledge this is up to us...when I was a young man..i thought similar to Trevor..i would argue the toss about anything! Thinking I knew better..as I'm getting older I'm finding I know nothing really..life has a way of bashing preconceived notions in my view..i can't prove we all have souls..i just know we have! We are spirit beings having a human experience..

I acknowledge the brain function that provides us with the feeling that we have a soul and the imagination that tells us there is such a thing as a spirit.

http://www.michaelshermer.com/2003/03/demon-haunted-brain/

Trev, I think you failed to understand the points of my post. My fault because the answer to life was accidentally deleted and I couldn't remember all the pieces. But the point is, the brain, consciousness are all irrelevant when compared to the question "how come its me?" The fact that it is you, is probably infinitely more amazing than the amazingness of the brain. You, are the answer you are looking for! ;-) And that, has nothing to do with the brain.

The amazingness of the brain generates your awarenes of self. We are essentially brains in a vehicle, far more intelligent than any of the gods we've invented.

TrevC

It was three things that Jesus said for us to do..honour your parents, be nice to your neighbours and love god..thats it! Hardly difficult you would think? If we adhered to this I think our world would be a much better place! One could I suppose extrapolate this to..honour your parents? Be respectful of what came before and remember history? Be nice to your neighbours? Accepting differences with other races and not judging? And love god? God made the world so loving the world we inhabit! These aren't tub thumping dictacs from a angry narrow minded god? Jesus also gave us the eleventh commandment 'love one another' how cool is that commandment? Beatles said all you need is love! And guess what? Love really is all you need!

Christianity didn't actually invent altruism. It's an evolved trait, beneficial to the tribe. Religion is just a reflection of the society that spawned it. God is just a desert tribal war god that has evolved in a book.

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:

F***! Nice!

[/quote]

Oh Yeah!.....

[/quote]

You could achieve a similar effect with a good graphic equalizer or a full range antimode. It isn't going to sound all that good on loud low bass notes. Standmounts need a sub.

TrevC

radiorog said:
Funny though Trev, as mentioned before, Jesus never said any of these things. Sure it's in the old testament, but nothing like this came from Jesus. He could have done, and people of the time would have believed Him, but he didn't. A minor curiosity. Now I'm not saying whether I'm religious or not, but I think you do need to get some facts right before making spurious claims in arguments. Again and again!

Of course you're religious. But there is a cure, a jolly good think. Was a virgin birth possible thousands of years ago? Can a corpse come back to life as his own God dad? Was the universe created by magic / supernatural means? If Jesus was God, how did he not know there was no such place as hell? If he was a good man / god thingy, why did he condemn innocent people to hell simply for not being convinced by his nonsense?

Stars falling from the sky is in Revelation 6:13, by the way.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm screwed because I sometimes wear clothing woven of two kinds of material and I work on Sundays occasionally.

Anyway, you simply can't lead a normal, modern existence without a catholic, moonie, JW, mormon etc. praying for people like me to go to hell so #### 'em! (They all lead lives that would have them stoned to death in an earlier age according to the tenets of their own faith. Hypocrites!)

As far as I am concerned they are all on the same spectrum as ISIS but just too chicken to actually go and do anything about it. Stoning women to death for going to school is just further down the same spectrum as not allowing them in the same temple or using marriage to steal an inheritance or paying them less because of gender attitudes forged, originally, in the Bronze age.

Either you REALLY believe this cr#p and you go and act on it, live it, immerse yourself in it - whatever the consequences from the law - or pack it in because you are just doing the Faith-Lite version for show.

Don't mince around praying to god to do it for you.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:

F***! Nice!

Oh Yeah!.....

[/quote]

You could achieve a similar effect with a good graphic equalizer or a full range antimode. It isn't going to sound all that good on loud low bass notes. Standmounts need a sub.

[/quote]

Clearly, you have no idea what SAM is, or how it works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts