TrevC

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:

The Devialet with SAM takes the Focals down to 26.4Hz and the Sonus Fabers down to 27.4Hz....

F***! Nice!

Oh Yeah!.....

You could achieve a similar effect with a good graphic equalizer or a full range antimode. It isn't going to sound all that good on loud low bass notes. Standmounts need a sub.

Clearly, you have no idea what SAM is, or how it works.

[/quote]

Go on then, tell me how SAM works. If it can make a small loudspeaker shift enough air to reproduce high volume bass pedal organ notes it's defying the laws of physics, and there would be similar implementations elsewhere.

[/quote]

*sigh* http://en.devialet.com/expert/#technologies/exclusive/sam/

Unless you've actually heard a Devialet with SAM driving my speakers in my listening rooms and a full understanding of my listening preferences, you have no right to tell me I need a sub.

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:

The Devialet with SAM takes the Focals down to 26.4Hz and the Sonus Fabers down to 27.4Hz....

F***! Nice!

Oh Yeah!.....

You could achieve a similar effect with a good graphic equalizer or a full range antimode. It isn't going to sound all that good on loud low bass notes. Standmounts need a sub.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on then, tell me how SAM works. If it can make a small loudspeaker shift enough air to reproduce high volume bass pedal organ notes it's defying the laws of physics, and there would be similar implementations elsewhere.

TrevC

Infiniteloop said:
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:
TrevC said:
Infiniteloop said:

F***! Nice!

Oh Yeah!.....

[/quote]

*sigh* http://en.devialet.com/expert/#technologies/exclusive/sam/

Unless you've actually heard a Devialet with SAM driving my speakers in my listening rooms and a full understanding of my listening preferences, you have no right to tell me I need a sub.

[/quote]

Sigh. It's the same as a full range antimode, a DSP that compensates for speaker deficiencies, except it isn't as good because, unless set up involved frequency sweeps and a microphone, it doesn't also compensate for room deficiencies. It relies on programming in the characteristics of every model of speaker, cumbersome or what? You can't force a speaker to reproduce very low bass notes at high levels, it will simply distort. I thought my system didn't need a sub at one time.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
radiorog said:
Funny though Trev, as mentioned before, Jesus never said any of these things. Sure it's in the old testament, but nothing like this came from Jesus. He could have done, and people of the time would have believed Him, but he didn't. A minor curiosity. Now I'm not saying whether I'm religious or not, but I think you do need to get some facts right before making spurious claims in arguments. Again and again!

Of course you're religious. But there is a cure, a jolly good think. Was a virgin birth possible thousands of years ago? Can a corpse come back to life as his own God dad? Was the universe created by magic / supernatural means? If Jesus was God, how did he not know there was no such place as hell? If he was a good man / god thingy, why did he condemn innocent people to hell simply for not being convinced by his nonsense?

Stars falling from the sky is in Revelation 6:13, by the way.

Trev, how dare you try and state my religious affiliations. I'm way ahead of you mate. You still don't understand what I am trying to say about the "Me,and You" being bigger than the brain. I am aware that it is a natural process for a being to create a God. Are you aware of this?

Of course you are religious Trev, you're just scared to admit it.

TrevC

radiorog said:
TrevC said:
radiorog said:
Funny though Trev, as mentioned before, Jesus never said any of these things. Sure it's in the old testament, but nothing like this came from Jesus. He could have done, and people of the time would have believed Him, but he didn't. A minor curiosity. Now I'm not saying whether I'm religious or not, but I think you do need to get some facts right before making spurious claims in arguments. Again and again!

Of course you're religious. But there is a cure, a jolly good think. Was a virgin birth possible thousands of years ago? Can a corpse come back to life as his own God dad? Was the universe created by magic / supernatural means? If Jesus was God, how did he not know there was no such place as hell? If he was a good man / god thingy, why did he condemn innocent people to hell simply for not being convinced by his nonsense?

Trev, how dare you try and state my religious affiliations. I'm way ahead of you mate. You still don't understand what I am trying to say about the "Me,and You" being bigger than the brain. I am aware that it is a natural process for a being to create a God. Are you aware of this?

You capitalised Him. Only a Christian would do that when referring to Jesus.

I am religious as far as frequenting a pub goes, so perhaps you're right.

Me and you being bigger than the brain? What does that even mean? Your brain tells you are you, my brain tells me I am me.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
radiorog said:

And revelations? That's not a gospel Trev, there have been millions of things written after the original gospels, and that is one of them. Nothing to do with Jesus. Once again your facts are way off the mark.

And the whole point of a virgin birth and coming back to life is, yeah, no it is not possible, never has been, that's why they were apparently miracles, only possible by a God. That was the whole point. If you believe in a God, you can likely believe in miracles.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
radiorog said:
TrevC said:
radiorog said:

Me and you being bigger than the brain? What does that even mean? Your brain tells you are you, my brain tells me I am me.

You see, you couldn't have read my posts properly and stopped to try and understand them. Go back and read them.

Maybe I capitalise the letters as a mark of respect (its in the dictionary Trev),maybe I do it cause I know it will confuse you?. Oh look, I just capitalised your name too.

TrevC

radiorog said:
TrevC said:
radiorog said:

And revelations? That's not a gospel Trev, there have been millions of things written after the original gospels, and that is one of them. Nothing to do with Jesus. Once again your facts are way off the mark.

And the whole point of a virgin birth and coming back to life is, yeah, no it is not possible, never has been, that's why they were apparently miracles, only possible by a God. That was the whole point. If you believe in a God, you can likely believe in miracles.

That's the great thing about fantasy creations. You can give them any attributes you like. Just like Superman.

TrevC

radiorog said:
TrevC said:
radiorog said:
TrevC said:
radiorog said:

You see, you couldn't have read my posts properly and stopped to try and understand them. Go back and read them.

Maybe I capitalise the letters as a mark of respect (its in the dictionary Trev),maybe I do it cause I know it will confuse you?. Oh look, I just capitalised your name too.

The word 'him' isn't a proper noun, so never capitalised in normal use except by Christians when referring to God / Jesus. Of course you capitalise my name, it's a proper noun.

What did you mean when you said 'me and you being bigger than the brain'?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
[

What did you mean when you said 'me and you being bigger than the brain'?

[/quote]

You'll have to go back and read my posts, I have work soon and no time to rewrite. Unfortunately I did originally have it written down perfectly I think with no holes in the explanation, so anyone could understand, but I accidentally deleted it trying to put in a smiley. So the posts I have now are really not great, but you might get the gist.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I am not religious. I do not believe in any form of supreme being, afterlife, or anything else related. But generally I respect the opinions of those who do, until they try to force their beliefs on me or threaten to kill me because of them. Then I'm not so accomodating.

But some religious people have a twisted logic I can't follow. My wife is unshakably religious, but don't go mentioning to her you believe there is the likelyhood of life on other planets , or entertain the suggestion such life might have even visited Earth and/or still does. She condemns any talk about extra terrestrial life (other than God et al) to be an absolute load of baloney. I don't know how you can believe in a supreme being (+heaven, hell and all the other stuff) but condemn any suggestion of extra terrestrial life on other planets. The former takes a huge leap of faith while the latter is IMO a statistical certainty, whether or not they've yet made contact.

K

keeper of the quays

Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....
you have not contributed to this thread..whats it to do with you? If you have a opinion in this interesting topic? Feel free to share it..

possum

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....
you have not contributed to this thread..whats it to do with you? If you have a opinion in this interesting topic? Feel free to share it..

I've only registered to post this. Chap above, who gave you the job of deciding who can/can't post here? Same goes for trevc, give it up, you are not important. This is a hi-fi forum, this thread shows how small minded most of the inhabitants are. It's like wandering into the slaughtered lamb, stay on the road lads?

Pathetic, if many of you are actually adults then read back some of the codswallop you've written, I hope you're suitably ashamed. If you're not adults then that explains a lot.

TrevC

possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

I've only registered to post this. Chap above, who gave you the job of deciding who can/can't post here? Same goes for trevc, give it up, you are not important. This is a hi-fi forum, this thread shows how small minded most of the inhabitants are. It's like wandering into the slaughtered lamb, stay on the road lads?

Pathetic, if many of you are actually adults then read back some of the codswallop you've written, I hope you're suitably ashamed. If you're not adults then that explains a lot.

Are possums Norwegian?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

Are possums Norwegian?

Only the ones that drive Volvo's.

Ah, no, those are swedish possums.

K

keeper of the quays

possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

I've only registered to post this. Chap above, who gave you the job of deciding who can/can't post here? Same goes for trevc, give it up, you are not important. This is a hi-fi forum, this thread shows how small minded most of the inhabitants are. It's like wandering into the slaughtered lamb, stay on the road lads??

?

?

it's a interesting thread..a lot of people have contributed to it..many views and differing opinions..it strikes me as impolite at best for a person who has contributed nothing to this thread to just make a throwaway comment to the mods to spare us from our own stupidity I assume..sorry pal..i think I'm right to comment on this..this thread is chugging along..everyone is being polite...i see no issue..im sorry it's upset you..not

possum

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

it's a interesting thread..a lot of people have contributed to it..many views and differing opinions..it strikes me as impolite at best for a person who has contributed nothing to this thread to just make a throwaway comment to the mods to spare us from our own stupidity I assume..sorry pal..i think I'm right to comment on this..this thread is chugging along..everyone is being polite...i see no issue..im sorry it's upset you..not

As if to prove my point along rolls the next ignoramus, using 'not' and 'pal' in a failed attempt to appear like he's not bothered. You're a credit to your species.

Like I said, previous non contribution does not preclude you from commenting in a public forum.

I echo the request for a moderator to close this thread.

K

keeper of the quays

possum said:
possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

I've only registered to post this. Chap above, who gave you the job of deciding who can/can't post here? Same goes for trevc, give it up, you are not important. This is a hi-fi forum, this thread shows how small minded most of the inhabitants are. It's like wandering into the slaughtered lamb, stay on the road lads??

?

?

?

?

As if to prove my point along rolls the next ignoramus, using 'not' and 'pal' in a failed attempt to appear like he's not bothered. You're a credit to your species.?

Like I said, previous non contribution does not preclude you from commenting in a public forum.

quite surprised that a first poster to this forum gets so uptight? Your obviously a sensitive person...i would suggest you contribute to the discussion..i think whining for the mods isn't perhaps the best contribution in my opinion...there must be something in this thread that you could comment on? I'm not sure you will flourish in the world of forums if you second post is to call for moderation? Lol..

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
possum said:

still, none of us quite as pathetic as a newby who by his own admission only joined to complain about the thread and slag off other members. Remember you have the right to f'k right off if you don't like what you see. It's not like we'll notice. .

TrevC

possum said:
possum said:
Excitable Boy said:
Please spare us....

As if to prove my point along rolls the next ignoramus, using 'not' and 'pal' in a failed attempt to appear like he's not bothered. You're a credit to your species.

maxresdefault.jpg

K

keeper of the quays

One of the reasons I like this particular thread is I can contribute something.i do hifi and I can comment on the kit I have owned and still own but I can only say I think my speakers etc sound very good so often before I bore myself..and everyone else! I think this thread has merit because of the breadth of views? The major mentioned his wife's views on religion and then talked about aliens..this is interesting in itself as does believing in god preclude the existence of extra terrestrials? I myself have seem a ufo..years ago..it buzzed a satellite! And I must say that the posters to this thread have been giving quite considered responses on the whole...so it's not a lot of hotheads yelling! Mature discussion? I think so..so if I'm not being very grown up? I then wonder what being grown up is then?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts