TrevC

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11.jpg

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Gazzip said:
Shame threads like this cannot be locked to digitally entomb those who have posted in them, condemning those trapped inside to an eternity of bickering. A bit like Tron only even more pointless.
pointless bickering? Can't say I noticed..i still think it's a cool thread..mr Vlad has been voluminous in his utterances..im learning things I didn't know before..you may think this is pointless but that's just your opinion...i disagree!

In the context of a Hifi forum this thread is entirely pointless.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:
Shame threads like this cannot be locked to digitally entomb those who have posted in them, condemning those trapped inside to an eternity of bickering. A bit like Tron only even more pointless.
pointless bickering? Can't say I noticed..i still think it's a cool thread..mr Vlad has been voluminous in his utterances..im learning things I didn't know before..you may think this is pointless but that's just your opinion...i disagree!

What's really sad is that it's one of a very few that attracts people to post......

K

keeper of the quays

Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

What's really sad is that it's one of a very few that attracts people to post......
this thread has universal themes..its greater than the sum of it's parts..its organic.growing out tendrils to who knows where? God..aliens..philosophy! Weaving hifi into a endless tapestry of wonder! It's a awesome thread...a golden thread if you will? Bestowing upon us new knowledge! A golden shower!!!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

this thread has universal themes..its greater than the sum of it's parts..its organic.growing out tendrils to who knows where? God..aliens..philosophy! Weaving hifi into a endless tapestry of wonder! It's a awesome thread...a golden thread if you will? Bestowing upon us new knowledge! A golden shower!!!

A golden shower just about covers it.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

You wouldn't find a "Naim vs Cyrus" thread on my favourite "meaning of life, the universe and everything" forum, so why this utter bollocks is being posted here is completely beyond me. People log on to here to learn about Hifi, not to read tinpot, half baked philosophy written by people not even remotely qualified to peddle it.

You know there is an "Off-topic and Miscellaneous" section of this website? ****** off there to have your ill informed debate.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

You wouldn't find a "Naim vs Cyrus" thread on my favourite "meaning of life, the universe and everything" forum, so why this utter bollocks is being posted here is completely beyond me. People log on to here to learn about Hifi, not to read tinpot, half baked philosophy written by people not even remotely qualified to peddle it.

You know there is an "Off-topic and Miscellaneous" section of this website? ****** off there to have your ill informed debate.

Could you elaborate? *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

How does a well informed debate about TrevC look like?

K

keeper of the quays

One persons utter bollocks is another's pearls of wisdom? As I said before..the rich seam of hifi meanders through these turbulent currents..its a win win..hifi knowledge with a greater truth! I'm sad that your tone has a unctuous sound..perhaps a optical out may be beneficial?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Religion is a set of morals and beliefs. I think faith and religion is in its core positive, brings love and good energy helping in our existance, connects us to noumenon beyond our sensoric capabilities. This can be easily demonstrated even through mechanicistic methods (hormones, body language, implied meanings in communication etc.). As anything when touched by politics it becomes corrupt, vile and evil (deffinition of evil is lack of empathy). When one being decides to harm another being for its own benefits and beliefs, it lacks empathy, therefore is evil. The completely oposite is giving own sacrifice for the benefit of other beings, which is the ultimate good, highest empathy towards humanity and all living things. The symbolic form of this is Jesus. An idea, a man, a message, whatever. Jesus is religion teaching coexistance among us, therefore is something positive about religion. Vatican bank financing corrupt and greedy child diddling old men, not so much.

When religion loses its moral component is way worse than just having outdated beliefs from the bronze age. Knowledge can be outdated, but morals are essentially the same. Value life, love fellow man, be good and forgive others.

Can you be a good person without practicing religion? Yes. A good atheist believes he/she shouldn't harm other humans because it is a social contract (Rousseau). You treat me good, I treat you good. A Christian religious person believes he/she should do good in order to go to heaven. The result is the same. Should we riddicule the person thinking there is litteral heaven beyond death? Well that would be lack of empathy, mean, therefore evil. You are being a bad atheist if you riddicule religious people, which is worse than being good and believing in nonsense.?

Its the greedy religions/evil priests etc explioting people yes

TrevC

Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

I would say religion has the market cornered on tinpot half baked philosophy.
“Gods are fragile things, they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense. They thrive on servility and shrink before independence. They feed upon worship as kings do upon flattery. That is why the cry of gods at all times is “Worship us or we perish.” A dethroned monarch may retain some of his human dignity while driving a taxi for a living. But a god without his thunderbolt is a poor object.”
Chapman Cohen.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

“Gods are fragile things, they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense. They thrive on servility and shrink before independence. They feed upon worship as kings do upon flattery. That is why the cry of gods at all times is “Worship us or we perish.” A dethroned monarch may retain some of his human dignity while driving a taxi for a living. But a god without his thunderbolt is a poor object.”

Chapman Cohen.

I don't disagree with any of that. It just doesn't belong in the Hifi section of this forum.

K

keeper of the quays

Gazzip said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

You know there is an "Off-topic and Miscellaneous" section of this website? ****** off there to have your ill informed debate.?

I would say religion has the market cornered on tinpot half baked philosophy.?

Chapman Cohen.

I don't disagree with any of that. It just doesn't belong in the Hifi section of this forum.
at the risk if repeating myself, my beef was with the comments that this subject has no place on this forum..now it seems it's no place on the hifi section? I agree..off topic it is..but it started with hifi...went off track..still interesting nonetheless.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:

Chapman Cohen.

at the risk if repeating myself, my beef was with the comments that this subject has no place on this forum..now it seems it's no place on the hifi section? I agree..off topic it is..but it started with hifi...went off track..still interesting nonetheless.

I think the title heading of this thread made it a pretty light hearted and a free for all from the get go. Shouldn't be in the HiFi section, but a lot of threads at the moment shouldn't be either. Nothing we can't sort out amongst ourselves.

iceman16

Thanks to all who spend their time on this thread!

I just want to ask trevc if he's sitting right now who made his chair?

Obviously someone made it for him. So who made all this things like the sun is perfectly for the daytime and the night for us to rest.

TrevC

iceman16 said:

Obviously someone made it for him. So who made all this things like the sun is perfectly for the daytime and the night for us to rest.

I have no idea who made my chair. Am I to assume it must have been Silvanus, the Roman god of the woods?

iceman16

TrevC said:
iceman16 said:

so there is somebody who made your chair? which you dont know but someone made it? Perfect!

I have no idea who made my chair. Am I to assume it must have been Silvanus, the Roman god of the woods?

iceman16

TrevC said:
iceman16 said:
Like everything else.. "someone" made them.

Someone made this?

A worm that burrows into the eyes of innocent children, blinding them.

Yup..some are really nasty but part of ecosystem...i have once and many times I have asked same reason. BTW TrevC .. if you have a spare time and would like to ask 'bout religion. Im not a member, you might learn something.

There was a bible verse where it states the earth is round before science!

iceman16

My chair was formed by the great Norse god "ikea"

My chair is leather and I dont know who made it? I live cause in need sunlight but idont know who made it.. It dissapears when night when I need to rest! Atheist says we evolved? They evolve from Darwin I must say

TRENDING THREADS