thoughts of upgrading to ATC SIA-2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:JoelSim:
I have no doubt it is, but I am totally entranced at the moment with what I have.

Is this permanent or a temporary change of heart?

Who knows, there is something I really really want and have done for months.

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi indietronic

ATC's SIA2-150 MK2 integrated amplifier is stunning. The SIA-150 MK2 has gelled well and energised all the Proac speakers (including D2's) which i have used it with.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick can you give us some more details of the synergy between the two ?

A

Anonymous

2 Technical questions:

1) Does connecting the ATC pre/pow with the XLR connections improves the performance?. The XLR out in the preamplifier is unbalanced while in the power amp is fully balanced.

2) Is it normal that a power amp is rated at 150w rms into 8 ohms and then only 200w rms into 4 ohm. What is the meaning of this? Some amplifiers double the amount of watts when rated from 8 to 4 ohms.. for example 100watts into 8 ohms and 200 into 4 ohms.

Thanks!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
daspaceman:
2 Technical questions:

1) Does connecting the ATC pre/pow with the XLR connections improves the performance?. The XLR out in the preamplifier is unbalanced while in the power amp is fully balanced.

2) Is it normal that a power amp is rated at 150w rms into 8 ohms and then only 200w rms into 4 ohm. What is the meaning of this? Some amplifiers double the amount of watts when rated from 8 to 4 ohms.. for example 100watts into 8 ohms and 200 into 4 ohms.

Thanks!

I really don't pay any attention to figures, ever. They all work just fine, unless you have a weedy valve amp in Buckingham Palace.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:daspaceman:
2 Technical questions:

Thanks!

I really don't pay any attention to figures, ever. They all work just fine, unless you have a weedy valve amp in Buckingham Palace.

[OT] Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what audio company are By Appointment to HRH? I imagine her with Quad IIs and ESL57s listening to Pomp and Circumstance on repeat.[/OT]

A

Anonymous

Antistatic:JoelSim:daspaceman:

2 Technical questions:

Thanks!

[OT] Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what audio company are By Appointment to HRH? I imagine her with Quad IIs and ESL57s listening to Pomp and Circumstance on repeat.[/OT]
Think Charlie has an all Linn system

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Antistatic:JoelSim:

the queen probably can't get phillip to stop making off colour remarks for long enough to listen to music.

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:Antistatic:JoelSim:

the queen probably can't get phillip to stop making off colour remarks for long enough to listen to music.

All the more reason to crank it up

A

Anonymous

This amp is fit for a Queen or a King, I have now owned this amp for 4 months and all I can say is what a cracker, I'm now selling my Cambridge Audio 840A. Save your money and don't go for the pre/power as their is hardly any difference between the two, this is a audiophile bargain, before getting this amp I tried a few others and this beat amps at twice the price, please give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

You won't need to crank up the sound as this has plenty of power......

martinattullymet:

This amp is fit for a Queen or a King, I have now owned this amp for 4 months and all I can say is what a cracker, I'm now selling my Cambridge Audio 840A. Save your money and don't go for the pre/power as their is hardly any difference between the two, this is a audiophile bargain, before getting this amp I tried a few others and this beat amps at twice the price, please give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
emotion-21.gif

You won't need to crank up the sound as this has plenty of power......
emotion-5.gif

Hi Martin

Good post.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

indietronic:MUSICRAFT:

Hi indietronic

ATC's SIA2-150 MK2 integrated amplifier is stunning. The SIA-150 MK2 has gelled well and energised all the Proac speakers (including D2's) which i have used it with.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi indietronic

There really is not much to add except that i cannot think of a speaker that i have used (Proac or otherwise) with which the SIA2-150 MK2 has not got on with in a coherent, natural, potent and powerful manner.

I think comments from some of my clients such as Craig and Martin also back up my views.

The lower it distorts the more natural it sounds.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MUSICRAFT:indietronic:MUSICRAFT:

Hi indietronic

emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi indietronic

There really is not much to add except that i cannot think of a speaker that i have used (Proac or otherwise) with which the SIA2-150 MK2 has not got on with in a coherent, natural, potent and powerful manner.

I think comments from some of my clients such as Craig and Martin also back up my views.

The lower it distorts the more natural it sounds.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi indietronic

As of April 1st the SIA2-150 MK2 is going to up in price from £2376 to £2621.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ke1923

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, first of all apologies for digging up an old thread..i'm thinking of upgrading my Marantz PM KIPearl Lite to ATC 2-150..current speaker which i am using is PMC 22..i'm really enjoying the speakers but feel that the Marantz is not driving the PMC to its full potential,,i'm not sure if the ATC amp would be a good match for the PMC 22..thus would like to seek your opinion!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts