This is the Black Ravioli investigation thread, it may be fun...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
maxflinn said:
frankly, you suggesting that someone want's to prove their intellectual superiority is more than just a tad ironic, don't you think?

You mean "wants".

a29fd3d7.jpg

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
maxflinn said:
The_Lhc said:
maxflinn said:
It's a nonsense product guys, designed to take advantage of people's desire for high quality sound, and while there are other points of view available, they're all wrong I'm afraid, and each and every one of us knows that.

And if you'd just said that in the first place this thread would have done with 9 pages ago but that's not good enough for you is it Max, it doesn't give you the opportunity to show how much cleverer you are than everyone else does it? How only you know the truth in everything and everyone else is a fool and it doesn't give you the chance to watch this forum tear itself to pieces, which is what you'd really like, along with all your friends over at HDD.

It's boring now Max, give it a EDITED rest. You don't like WHF, we all know that, now EDITED off.
I think that's very unfair, I have nothing against WHF or any of the forumites here, and frankly, you suggesting that someone want's to prove their intellectual superiority is more than just a tad ironic, don't you think?

I like to expose nonsense products like this, expensive HDMI cables, digital cables, speaker cables etc, that's all, but I will clear off as I'm obviously not wanted here, and exposing ridiculous products for what they are just causes friction on this forum, for some reason......
If everything is a conspiracy, why are you on this forum? To give us all a hard time? Give yourself a rest and others too, you are not exposing anything. Besides, even if something doesn't make a difference you can't scientifically prove so.....I was hoping for some scientific explanation here but nope its just constant whining. Well, good day and good riddance sir.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
maxflinn said:
frankly, you suggesting that someone want's to prove their intellectual superiority is more than just a tad ironic, don't you think?

You mean "wants".

a29fd3d7.jpg

You're too clever for me Mr Lawyer sir, I can't work out if I'm in the barrel or not?

I suspect you are the barrel, but the existential fun is in the wondering.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
WinterRacer said:
Apart from you is that?

Yeah, because that would be cheating.

EDIT - there are bonus points for the use of particular words as well.

Dang, missed it.

expectation bias, snake-oil, placebo, abx, blind, rip-off, con, exploiting feeble minds, waldo
372872_28679644355_1491609932_q.jpg
, audible, salad, cheese, teapot.

Did I get them?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
krlock3 said:
Upon arrival, I put them into my system and found what I feel to be a basically immediate pleasant broadening of what my system was already capable of (cyrus cd8se+ CDP, Cyrus preXpd Qx pre amp, Cyrus Mono X200s into B&W CM9s via Cardas clear light interconnects and speaker cables).

So much so that I swapped them out and in a few times to compare, and since then (3 months ago approx) they have remained in situ. I was pleased enough to then buy another 8 pads to sit under my power amps.

For me, I found them an upgrade and I found my expectations exceeded. Yes, it is a lot of money for some pads but still constitutes a relatively small outlay compared to my system as a whole. Black ravioli pads are one of three upgrades I felt made a difference. The second was to add a power conditioner for my hifi (Running Springs Elgar) and the third was to add isolation feet to my speakers to decouple them from my suspended wooden floor (CRTech isolation pads).

Thank you for entering the fray and putting your neck on the line, in order to put forward your experience......the support is much appreciated.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
maxflinn said:
but I will clear off as I'm obviously not wanted here, ......

Some times your opinions might not be well accepted on WHF forum. There are people passionate about various things and your disapproval does not necessarily mean that these products do no make people happy (Be it scientifically proven or placebo, in the end the joy is all that matters!)

But I guess there are other forums with like minded people like you and it will be more synergy for you over there.

Goodbye.

Apologies if I got this wrong and you meant only leaving this thread and not the forum.

iceman16

CnoEvil said:
krlock3 said:
Upon arrival, I put them into my system and found what I feel to be a basically immediate pleasant broadening of what my system was already capable of (cyrus cd8se+ CDP, Cyrus preXpd Qx pre amp, Cyrus Mono X200s into B&W CM9s via Cardas clear light interconnects and speaker cables).

So much so that I swapped them out and in a few times to compare, and since then (3 months ago approx) they have remained in situ. I was pleased enough to then buy another 8 pads to sit under my power amps.

For me, I found them an upgrade and I found my expectations exceeded. Yes, it is a lot of money for some pads but still constitutes a relatively small outlay compared to my system as a whole. Black ravioli pads are one of three upgrades I felt made a difference. The second was to add a power conditioner for my hifi (Running Springs Elgar) and the third was to add isolation feet to my speakers to decouple them from my suspended wooden floor (CRTech isolation pads).

Thank you for entering the fray and putting your neck on the line, in order to put forward your experience......the support is much appreciated.
+1

Thanks to krlock3 at least he tried them.:cheers:

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
fr0g said:
Dang, missed it.

expectation bias, snake-oil, placebo, abx, blind, rip-off, con, exploiting feeble minds, waldo
372872_28679644355_1491609932_q.jpg
, audible, salad, cheese, teapot.

Did I get them?

+1 internet point to you for using a picture of Waldo in a sentence. :clap:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
idc said:
According to a salesman in Loud & Clear in Edinburgh, it is made from a sound deadening material used on submarines.

Yep, and Nuclear ones at that.....which is the expertise of the company that makes it (Sailforth Ltd).

I don't think anyone knows its make-up (outside the company), but it isn't rubbery, spongy or foamy, and is made up of various layers.

matthewpiano

The flaw in this thread is that the OP calls it an investigation and yet hasn't really investiagted the product at all because he hasn't tried it.

Personally I am on the side of being dubious about Black Ravioli and I've never really got that involved with tweaking other than the basic things like speaker positioning and using half decent stands and cables. However, I'm certainly not going to make any absolute comments about the product because until I've tried it for myself anything I say is only conjecture.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
maxflinn said:

You mean "wants".

a29fd3d7.jpg

You're too clever for me Mr Lawyer sir, I can't work out if I'm in the barrel or not?

Oh, I've been on a diet and everything as well...

idc

This possibly has very similar properties

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/high-density-closed-cell-foam-/300520746782?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item45f86eaf1e

I can't remember wat the stuff is called, but it is dark green and used to hold flowers for displays. If you push your finger into it, it makes a dent, but has a foam texture. Black Ravioli is like that but it springs back into place.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
maxflinn said:

You mean "wants".

a29fd3d7.jpg

Oh, I've been on a diet and everything as well...

Fortunately you're only a metaphorical barrel.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
The flaw in this thread is that the OP calls it an investigation and yet hasn't really investiagted the product at all because he hasn't tried it.

Personally I am on the side of being dubious about Black Ravioli and I've never really got that involved with tweaking other than the basic things like speaker positioning and using half decent stands and cables. However, I'm certainly not going to make any absolute comments about the product because until I've tried it for myself anything I say is only conjecture.

MP, you're no more sceptical than I was, and there are certainly cheaper ways to get your "placebo fix"......If it didn't deliver, I wouldn't have got some. I tried it as I had heard various demos of it, and was interested to see if I could get similar gains.

The usual caveat applies....never spend more than would give you a bigger gain elsewhere in the system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts