The amount of oil in the bearing

Hi, I'm just wondering what sort of amount of oil I need to put in the bearing on my turntable? Are we just talking a few drops or a few ml.

Ive just had to top mine up as I was getting noticeable instability in the speed.

I read through the manual, and there's no mention of it.

bigfish786 said:
Hi, I'm just wondering what sort of amount of oil I need to put in the bearing on my turntable? Are we just talking a few drops or a few ml.

Ive just had to top mine up as I was getting noticeable instability in the speed.

I read through the manual, and there's no mention of it.

Not sure about your Marantz but mine only needs a few drops, any more and it just gets displaced all over the place.

That was a concern, as mine is an all acrylic turntable, anything like oil is a ****** to clean off, even fingerprints show on the platter really easily.

i put a few drops in when I got the turntable, I've tried finding info online and got nowhere really.

So, I've put a few more drips in, seems ok, so I'll just keep an eye on it, and maybe drop a few more in after a few hours.

bigfish786 said:
That was a concern, as mine is an all acrylic turntable, anything like oil is a ****** to clean off, even fingerprints show on the platter really easily.

i put a few drops in when I got the turntable, I've tried finding info online and got nowhere really.

So, I've put a few more drips in, seems ok, so I'll just keep an eye on it, and maybe drop a few more in after a few hours.

Just a few drops is ssufficient. Once it's in that is enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts