Tannoy DC6T, DC6T SE, Signature DC6T.

Jame5

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering sub £1k floorstanders. If people can please resist the temptation of telling me to go and listen to them for a moment, does anyone have any insight into which offers the best value between the DC6Ts, DC6T SEs or the Signature DC6Ts? The DC6Ts were designed as a cheaper version of the Signatures, but now that the SEs have come along, where does this leave the Signatures (now retailing at about £800)? Are the Signatures even noticeably better than the cheapest DC6Ts?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I owned Signature DC6T and they are very nice speakers barring high frequency shouting. With right electronics and room this might not be a problem.

Regular DC6T are the newer version which seemed to have address this and even at a lower price. However the overall sound signature is a bit forward and might not match many of the WHF 5 star amplifiers.

My Guess is the SE version does an improvement of this, may be.

But, if it is money and if I need to buy the speakers urgently then I will go for the regular version as the differences are not as pronounced when heard stand alone and when the time is right you can opt for the much newer precision series. I would bet on the 6.4 as the tonal balance with auxillary bass radiators could be more neutral than forward.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts