Tannoy DC6 vs DC6 SE

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
For the six months I've been running a set of DC6's but was recently offerred some new DC6 SE's at a price I couldnt refuse.

The difference between the two is staggering. I only picked them up this evening and only an hour in to my usual play list when testing speakers but I'm honestly somewhat taken aback at just how much better they are or maybe how much better they work with my MF gear.

Still working on fine tuning the positioning and can only assume they'll get better once properly run in.

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The imaging is a lot more stable and the positioning of the image is significantly more accurate. Its that old saying of hearing things that you never heard before, like the inhalation of the musician before the note is played and being able to point in front of you to where the particular sounds appear to be coming from. They only cost me £75 on top of my DC6 so I'm well chuffed.

The main reason I posted was because I tried to find a comparison before I changed to see if it was worth it but could only find comparisons for the DC6T and DC6T SE but not the standmounters.

The treble is still a little harsh but not to the point of being shrill.

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I would be interested in hearing how others have got theirs arranged though to get the best out of them. Currently got them about 20cm from the wall firing straight ahead without any toe in. Listening position is approx 7/8ft away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts