Speaker stands for KEF LS50

4Barry

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. I bought a pair of Kef LS50's a few weeks ago. They are currently sitting on an old pair of Soundstyle Z2 stands. After a fair bit of faffing about with position and toe in they now sound great. But I have a feeling they could sound better still with some better stands. Now stands are not easy things to audition so I would be very interested to hear other peoples experiences and suggestions before parting with any of my own hard-earned.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Partington Super Dreadnought

Custom Design FS 104

I have Z2s with my LS50s. I have 3/4 filled all 3 columns with sand and Blu-taked the bottom to Granite slabs (due to suspended wooden floor). They were great value for money, though they are probably a little lower than ideal in order for the tweeter to be at ear level when seated (Kef's Uni-Q system makes this less critical than it might be).

I do believe that the above stands will be an improvement and my choice would be Partington, but it's less attractive.

4Barry

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Well I was hoping for a bit more discussion before parting with my cash. But I've now gone ahead and bought the Atacama Moseco 6's.

My first impressions, confirmed by ongoing listening, were of a surprising degree of improvement. The Soundstyle Z2's are well thought of budget stands so I was only really expecting subtle changes/improvements - mainly in the bass. In fact I have got substantial improvements in clarity and focus right through the frequency range. I would really chatacterise the changes as a general tightening of focus. The soundstage and positioning of instruments has become much clearer with instruments tightly positioned. The whole sound also seems to be coming out of a quieter background. I'm now really starting to see what the LS50's are capabable of. The stands with their bamboo pedestals look pretty classy too. I have to say I'm very pleased.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
4Barry said:
Well I was hoping for a bit more discussion before parting with my cash. But I've now gone ahead and bought the Atacama Moseco 6's.

My first impressions, confirmed by ongoing listening, were of a surprising degree of improvement. The Soundstyle Z2's are well thought of budget stands so I was only really expecting subtle changes/improvements - mainly in the bass. In fact I have got substantial improvements in clarity and focus right through the frequency range. I would really chatacterise the changes as a general tightening of focus. The soundstage and positioning of instruments has become much clearer with instruments tightly positioned. The whole sound also seems to be coming out of a quieter background. I'm now really starting to see what the LS50's are capabable of. The stands with their bamboo pedestals look pretty classy too. I have to say I'm very pleased.

That's all good. *good*

4Barry

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input CnoEvil. My next (and final for a while) act in this area will be to fill the columns with sand or birdshot. I'll report back if anything dramatic happens!

D

Deleted member 2457

gpi said:
Why would you stuff shot birds into your stands? Owl don't know. Helps the tweeters?
Gpi - now there's a blast from the past!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts