Sound of NAD C355 vs NAD C356 amplifiers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Apart from the obvious differences in look and possibility for upgrades for the newer C356 amplifier, is there a difference in the sound performance of the two? The C355 got much lower score than C356 on this website, still my dealer says the electronics is exactly the same. Thanks for you opinion and advice.

A

Anonymous

Having just bought the NAD C356BEE, I can say I can very happy with the improvement in sound over my Denon 1908 AV receiver. Didn't get to compare it with a C355, as these are not on sale any more in Sweden. However, I did compare the 356 to a Marantz PM7004 and Cambridge Audio 740. Both of these products had their pluses, however I went with the NAD, as it had a better and clearer sound at lower volumes, great control in the lower frequencies, and power in spades.

Compared to the 355 it has the MDC slot for upgradability and some more refinement that has trickled down from the M-Series (according to NAD). If you have both available, give them a test listen. Then it just comes down to price vs. performance :)

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using NAD C355BEE and as far as I know C355 and C356 are very much similar. C356 use module system and you can add new module to suit future needs. The other difference between the two models is on their price. Furthermore if you are not going to listen to plastic discs using phono input, C355 should be good enough for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts