admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Quite a simple question really, is the Sonos system still the Daddy for streaming music arround the house or has one of the alternatives, such as squeezebox, taken over? Most of the threads on here and other sites are a few years old now so just wanted to check before parting with my cash - It is quite important to note that having the ability to connect to my Windows Media Player library is important because I dont want any software needed to run the streamer to come in and mess the library up (like iTunes does!)

Along the same lines, sony are releasing their homeshare media streaming sevice in the USA, is it any good (compared to Sonos) and will/when is it available in the UK? I ask as I have a sony Bravia TV and an S570 blu-ray so should fit into the system rather nicely.

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kevatron said:
Quite a simple question really, is the Sonos system still the Daddy for streaming music arround the house or has one of the alternatives, such as squeezebox, taken over?

As long as you don't require 24-bit audio Sonos is still the best.

Most of the threads on here and other sites are a few years old now

Err, there's been loads of Sonos threads on here recently.

so just wanted to check before parting with my cash - It is quite important to note that having the ability to connect to my Windows Media Player library is important because I dont want any software needed to run the streamer to come in and mess the library up (like iTunes does!)

Sonos doesn't care what you've got elsewhere, it just requires a network share to connect to, it has no server side software running and reads the library in read-only so will not write anything back to the library or update any files and so forth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts