Scratch on plasma tv.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
My 6 year old son has scratched my plasma screen and when trying to gentle poilish it out i have removed the anti glare coat, is there anything i can do to repair this, as i now have a light patch on the screen.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to say this but i don't think there is a way of restoring it apart from a new front screen for the tv and polish is a big NO NO, never polish a plasma screen, i think there are a few people have done this and found out but i found out when one of the lads at our showroom used polish on one of the early plasma display panels and my god it ruined it
emotion-9.gif

There is another bit of bad news, the front protective screen for Panasonic plasma's are a few hundread pounds to replace.

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I think your only option is to contact Panasonic to see if they can re-apply the anti glare coating

They may advise to replace the complete glass, that way the scratch will be gone too

Both may prove costly.

Have you got accidental cover on your home insurance?

A

Anonymous

They wont be able to re-apply the anti glare coating as the front screen itself is made and fitted abroad when the tv is in production and Panasonic UK has no facility apart from replacing the screen itself and would be ordered in as a spare part.

But yes, it is very expensive as we have had to replace one in the past and the customer was willing to pay for it and forked out a couple of hundread pounds and that was before the labour charges to fit the screen
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts