Thank heavens for Richer Sounds...

Fault with my TV after 3 years. Front LED keeps going off, and when it does the set is unresponsive to the remote. LG gave me a quick way to reboot it yesterday, and it works fine when restarted. But LED keeps extinguishing. Rang LG as the set's now three years' old, only to be told at first that LG offers no chargeable repair service. Managed not to swear, and after trying some of their suggested repairers thought I'd ask RS for suggestions. RS offers its own six year warranty, so I've spoken to someone very helpful, emailed over the set's details, explained the fault etc - so their engineer will have required parts. Just waiting for the call back to get the repair booked in, so fingers crossed.

A quick google suggests this is known issue, so I may well avoid LG when the set gets replaced - hopefully not for a few more years.

Always used (and liked) RS, but especially happy to have bought from them on this occasion!

Big fan of RS. They get my business when I can.
Me too, and the warranty was why our last telly came from them. It was an LG too, but so far so good. (The previous one was an LG my step-daughter’s BF bought in 2011 and it’s still going strong. Obviously all the smarts are dead but nothing a Firestick or Chromecast can’t workaround).

Re the OP I’m surprised LG don’t have dedicated or outsourced service partner here in the UK as they must literally have sold millions of sets.

Reactions: Gray

podknocker

Richer Sounds are legends. I bought a pair of Mission 733i speakers years ago, brand new for £180 down from £330 and I genuinely thought they delivered back then, but they didn't. The bloke in the shop took £20 out of the till and waited until a taxi turned up. He then helped me with the heavy box and I disappeared in the taxi. Incredible customer service and I've been going there for decades now. HIFI shops are very hard to find these days. I have a local dealer, but it's all high end stuff Richer Sounds would never stock.

Gray

I've bought from them since they started.

I'm only being honest when I say that my experience of Richer's customer service has not quite been 100% - but that's more about me......though a (more normal) mate also had issues with a repair on a subwoofer.
That was all long ago.

More than ever now (with employee rewards / incentives) they seem to do most things right.
I don't like salesman - any more than they like me 🙂. He'll always be a salesman, but Julian R. comes across as a bit of a hero in interviews and e-mails to the 'V.I.P.s'.
He knows, more than most, not to take custom for granted.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Fault with my TV after 3 years. Front LED keeps going off, and when it does the set is unresponsive to the remote. LG gave me a quick way to reboot it yesterday, and it works fine when restarted. But LED keeps extinguishing. Rang LG as the set's now three years' old, only to be told at first that LG offers no chargeable repair service. Managed not to swear, and after trying some of their suggested repairers thought I'd ask RS for suggestions. RS offers its own six year warranty, so I've spoken to someone very helpful, emailed over the set's details, explained the fault etc - so their engineer will have required parts. Just waiting for the call back to get the repair booked in, so fingers crossed.

A quick google suggests this is known issue, so I may well avoid LG when the set gets replaced - hopefully not for a few more years.

Always used (and liked) RS, but especially happy to have bought from them on this occasion!
I always think of RS with fondness, when I was a youth (not so long ago cough cough!) me and my mates use to horde the London Bridge branch and the shop assistant who kind of got use to us bunking off at school, always gave us a demonstration, knowing full well we were wasting his time. I guess he was really passionate about selling HiFi and that really resonated well with me.
I also remember RS repairing my out of warranty Denon AV free of charge.

Last edited:

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Have been to their branches in Reading, Guildford & more recently, Reigate. Not bought much off them but would certainly do so now. They have survived where many more “upmarket” shops have not. Gone are the days where most modest towns had a shop. Then again, the whole industry failed to attract young customers probably as far back as forty years ago.
Glad your LG got fixed to your satisfaction. We have a 55 G1 & a 55C2, both behaving themselves so far.

DCarmi

Then again, the whole industry failed to attract young customers probably as far back as forty years ago.
Forty years ago there were less competing interests. No games systems to speak of, no home cinema, no internet. Frankly, the low end music appliances were pretty dire. Now people now have mobiles streaming millions of tracks to Bluetooth headphones, for a monthly charge less than the cost of a new album back then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts