SANSUI LOVERS ... !

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there s any sansui lovers who did upgrade for better and modern amplifiers ?

can you tell me what is your experience ? Which kind off improvement did you get?

thank you , i will appreciat for your information, and your recommendation as i m looking to get a better amplifier.

T

the record spot

Sansui? Leema and Arcam probably. I used to have an AU-217 and a 717. Leema's Pulse II was pretty close.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi big h,

thank for your reply, i ve got thousand pounds for the amps and i owne some loudspeakers triangle antal 202 :120 watts -91db.

50hz -20hz . They sound bright . That why i need a amp warm and and tube sound like .

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi thank sthomas048,

for what i hear the AU999 was a pretty good amp, after time you didn t fine anytime you can matchpr outperfome your sansui?

anis93 said:
Hi the record spot, when you say lema pulse what pretty close , you mean your sansui still sound better ?

Can't comment on Sansui stuff - not heard any of their amps for donkeys. Obviously The Record Spot has a healthy bias towards Sansui. What I can tell you about the Leema is very few amps, modern or old, comapares in terms of tight, fast bass. A lot of people refer to Naim as having PRaT, but IMHO Leema is amonst some of the very best those terms. If you're, however, looking for a warm cuddly sound, Leema isn't for you.

matthewpiano

I have always liked older Sansui gear and I still have an AU-4400 as well as the smaller AU2900 and AU2200. Not that long ago I even had a brief flirt with having the 4400 in my main system. Some things are really good. These amps tend to have a feel good factor and a warmth that is very pleasing. However, it didn't take long after putting the Denon back on to realise that really is substantially better. More detail, more control, better dynamics, better balance across the frequency range - just better all round.

matthewpiano said:
I have always liked older Sansui gear and I still have an AU-4400 as well as the smaller AU2900 and AU2200. Not that long ago I even had a brief flirt with having the 4400 in my main system. Some things are really good. These amps tend to have a feel good factor and a warmth that is very pleasing. However, it didn't take long after putting the Denon back on to realise that really is substantially better. More detail, more control, better dynamics, better balance across the frequency range - just better all round.

More detail, better control and better dynamics with the Sansui or Denon, Matt?

T

the record spot

anis93 said:
Hi the record spot, when you say lema pulse what pretty close , you mean your sansui still sound better ?

If I was buying now, I'd go with the Leema. If you're looking at vintage gear and the Sansui "17" series is definately that, then you've got additional servicing costs. In my case, I spent £200 buying the amp and then a further £150 having it checked out. £350. £699 would've bought me a Leema Pulse II at the time and the audible difference was small. I liked the Sansui as it had a very distinctive appearance, but great sound. You can get that sound still today and my current amp probably walks all over the pair of them.

T

the record spot

plastic penguin said:
anis93 said:

Can't comment on Sansui stuff - not heard any of their amps for donkeys. Obviously The Record Spot has a healthy bias towards Sansui. What I can tell you about the Leema is very few amps, modern or old, comapares in terms of tight, fast bass. A lot of people refer to Naim as having PRaT, but IMHO Leema is amonst some of the very best those terms. If you're, however, looking for a warm cuddly sound, Leema isn't for you.

PP - the AU717 has a very contemporary sound, and didn't do warm and cuddly. Neither does the 217 come to think of it. And yes, it was comfortably in the same league as the Leema. I just couldn't be bothered taking it back to the repair guy every six months or so.

the record spot said:
plastic penguin said:
anis93 said:

PP - the AU717 has a very contemporary sound, and didn't do warm and cuddly.

The warm and cuddly wasn't a direct reference to Sanui, it was a general subtext statement. Apologies for not making it clear.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Nope. It had such a depth of sound. But life goes on and we find the next "best" thing. I have finally found an amp I am very happy with and I dont feel the need to change it. Good luck on your search my friend.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi matthew piano,

i agree with you denon retrieve more detail and soundstage , but in term off punch and accurancy sansui is a different league,

specially the model like AU-7900, AU-9900,AU-11000.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi recordspot , witch amplifier you got and witch one your recommend. I understand you been looking for some sansui some time ago , wit h model did you go for and why?

matthewpiano

anis93 said:
Hi matthew piano,

i agree with you denon retrieve more detail and soundstage , but in term off punch and accurancy sansui is a different league,

specially the model like AU-7900, AU-9900,AU-11000.

Sorry, I don't agree. I've heard lots of the Sansui amps and as much as I like them I haven't heard a single one which could be described as being in 'a different league' to the Denon.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This what i found regarding sansui on the web:

FOR TRUE AUDIOPHILE
One of the finest mid-range amps ever made.
Less-powerful version of AU-7900.
Will eat modern Cambridge Audio for breakfast.
People who have them in working condition normally do not sell them, so good they are. Both AU-7700 and AU-7900 will outperform any vintage Pioneer beast except SPEC and Series 20.

One may ask - How does it compare to things like AU-2200, AU-4400 , AU-517, etc..? The answer is - there's no comparison. I owned all of those machines. Budget AU-xx00 Sansui series, including AU-4400, are totally different in build quality and sound. One look inside and in rear will tell the truth. AU-517 and AU-717 are powerful amps, but lack beauty and sound bland and unrefined compared to both AU-7700 and AU-7900.
AU-7700 is also superior to Marantz 1090, 1060B and Sansui G-6000.

AU-7700 is known for its use in professional recording studios, yes, even today - makes for a great monitoring amp - very precise yet musical!

Notable features:
- Runs in class A at normal listening levels (up to 2 Watts output)
- Built like separates
- Revolutionary for 70's 3-level purist's internal layout with very little wiring, to reduce signal loss
- Large professional grade power transformer
- Total of 8 heavy duty metal case Sanken 2SA808A/2SC1619A outputs for impressive dynamic headroom and strain-free performance
- World voltage: http://sansui1944.websitetoolbox....

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I got my eyes on roksan caspian integrated and power amplifier M1 witch is both got pretty good review .for sansui i m thinking to get the AU-9900 , it s amp seem to be compareto some serious high end amplifier cost around 1500£ -2000£.

what do you thing ? Witch Is one are better to go for, and can you explain why?

thank you everybody for you time , i really appreciat .

anis93 said:
Hi plastic penguin,

i guess leema won t be for me. I like warm sound for easy listinning in low volume.

The Leema isn't brittle or cold sounding. Contrary to the review the Pulse is neutral but fairly smooth sounding. Certainly doesn't sound shrill with the metal domed tweeters on the RS6s.

I'd recommend you go with a modern amp, only because if the Sansui is 30-40 years old then reliability could become an issue.

anis93 said:
I got my eyes on roksan caspian integrated and power amplifier M1 witch is both got pretty good review .for sansui i m thinking to get the AU-9900 , it s amp seem to be compareto some serious high end amplifier cost around 1500£ -2000£.

what do you thing ? Witch Is one are better to go for, and can you explain why?

thank you everybody for you time , i really appreciat .

Caspian M1 is a very good amp. I tested the Leema against the M1 and there's a *** paper width between the two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts