RP6 platter wobble

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
One thing I can say is my RP3 doesn't have a wobbly platter, so they can make them right.

my mates doesn't either and that is why it makes it so annoying - inconsistency in QC

totally fed up now! I want my money back to buy something better built - Inspire or Michell or Project

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
totally fed up now! I want my money back to buy something better built - Inspire or Michell or Project

Mmmh, can't help but think you are getting a little over worked about this.

However, if you do pass on Rega, why not go vintage? - There are numerous hghly acclaimed turntables out there, many restored to high quality, which will perform superbly. You already have a superb cartridge you could add to one of these.

Expectation bias is two edged sword though I can understand that when spending a lot of cash on something new one wants perfect goods.

regards

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
One thing I can say is my RP3 doesn't have a wobbly platter, so they can make them right.

That doesn't matter any more.

We should for arrange collection of everyone's Regas and have them loaded onto a huge rectangular MDF raft moored off the pier in Southend-On-Sea. They will be drenched in petrol, set on fire and floated out into the Thames estuary at sunset.

Roy Gandy will then be made to buy new Michels for everyone from the proceeds of selling his factory.

matthewpiano

chebby said:
matthewpiano said:

That doesn't matter any more.

We should for arrange collection of everyone's Regas and have them loaded onto a huge rectangular MDF raft moored off the pier in Southend-On-Sea. They will be drenched in petrol, set on fire and floated out into the Thames estuary at sunset.

Roy Gandy will then be made to buy new Michels for everyone from the proceeds of selling his factory.

Thing is, I've got mine playing now and it sounds excellent which, I guess, is all that matters. More involving than I ever found my TecnoDec, though (as stated previously) this may be down to preferring the Rega cart over the Sumiko one. Incidentally, the phono stage on these vintage amps is far better than those on the modern budget amps.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
To Everbody

As you may of gathered I am somewhat far from happy with this situation!

The SQ of my deck has never come into question

Just the wobble! I know it probably (maybe? definately) does not affect SQ but the point is it should NOT wobble and it does so it all will annoy forever so it is do or die on Friday!

Moorgate have already said they can get me a Gyro even though they dont stock them, so I think they know in the back of there mind its a refund!

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
To Everbody

Just the wobble! I know it probably (maybe? definately) does not affect SQ but the point is it should NOT wobble and it does so it all will annoy forever so it is do or die on Friday!

Moorgate have already said they can get me a Gyro even though they dont stock them, so I think they know in the back of there mind its a refund!

Don't dive in with the mitch try to demo some others, I know you're feeling pain right now but don't buy the first thing that comes up

there are lots of vgood tt's ot there

stevebrock said:
To Everbody

Like me, this is the last chance saloon. Hope they get it right this time. You and other Rega owners need some reassurance.

Good luck, PP

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
yeah I may take a drive over to Inspire in Chesterfield tomororw I quite like the sound of the Quest Clear and its well within budget without a cart

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
yeah I may take a drive over to Inspire in Chesterfield tomororw I quite like the sound of the Quest Clear and its well within budget without a cart

Good idea ,as I said on page 12 , ponder or whathave you on your options.

@Chebby , yeah I know how long the 3 point fixing has been around, but self tappers, sheesh pi** poor you have to agree.

Shall I bring a bottle of Champagne for the raft launch ?.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid said:
@Chebby , yeah I know how long the 3 point fixing has been around, but self tappers, sheesh pi** poor you have to agree.

Shall I bring a bottle of Champagne for the raft launch ?.

My last Rega (a P2 with RB250 and RGBN in 2008) was bought just as the new three-point RB251 version was replacing it in the shop. So I dodged that one. (And got a clearance price.)

However a friend bought a P3-24 at around the same time (with a DL103R) and I thought... "If I wedge a really big screwdriver under his tonearm with a mallet I could then prise that arm right off." But I didn't because that's not what friends are for.

Bring a can of petrels.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Self tappers rule !!.

Steve , be aware that the Quest Clear is a pimped Rega , nowt wrong with that mind. But from what I can see matey Isherwood uses nuts and bolts to nail the tone arm in position which is better.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
"If I wedge a really big screwdriver under his tonearm with a mallet I could then prise that arm right off." But I didn't because that's not what friends are for.

A nail file would be equally as effective ;).

TRENDING THREADS