RP6 platter wobble

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
stevebrock said:
floyd droid said:
Lets hope this gets put to bed tomorrow mate. No TT is a bit like losing a leg innit.

you & me both - my ears are hurting damn CDs

Just interested to know Steve, but did those CDs hurt before you got a TT relatively recently?

I was being flippant, some CDs have always sounded bad just like some vinyl!!

Im just missing playing records

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
DIB said:
stevebrock said:
floyd droid said:
Lets hope this gets put to bed tomorrow mate. No TT is a bit like losing a leg innit.

you & me both - my ears are hurting damn CDs

Just interested to know Steve, but did those CDs hurt before you got a TT relatively recently?

some CDs have always sounded bad just like some vinyl!!

Isn't that the truth ;)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
It's still going on the raft.

Ha ha. My kind of humour. Forgot to ask Chebby , what octane should I get in this can of Petrels ;).

Nice one Steve ,pleased its sorted mate and a brand spanker to boot.

Ok , where can I go ranting now ?. Ah I know that Baklava blokes sighted v blind test thread.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm bored now.

images

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Nice one Steve.

They must like you more than they liked me.
smile.png

Niglets

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I cant believe how long this thread is. I'm not "put off on Rega" by this thread, eventhough I do see some issues with manufacturing QC, as well as the new process 2 piece glass platters. Not exclusive to Rega btw, if ever there was a time to say "they dont build 'em like they used to" this is it. Rega is no longer the small little cottage they used to be, and there may very well be some over extension with worldwide demand versus factory output capacity. I stay with Rega because I like the sound of the Rega system (and it truly is a system, from the 3 bolt cartridge mounting to the very minimalist crossover network in their speakers), and they always take care of me. I have been a Rega customer for a long time. I like and agree with many of their design choices.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Niglets said:
I cant believe how long this thread is. I'm not "put off on Rega" by this thread, eventhough I do see some issues with manufacturing QC, as well as the new process 2 piece glass platters. Not exclusive to Rega btw, if ever there was a time to say "they dont build 'em like they used to" this is it. Rega is no longer the small little cottage they used to be, and there may very well be some over extension with worldwide demand versus factory output capacity. I stay with Rega because I like the sound of the Rega system (and it truly is a system, from the 3 bolt cartridge mounting to the very minimalist crossover network in their speakers), and they always take care of me. I have been a Rega customer for a long time. I like and agree with many of their design choices.

yeah I am a happy bunny right now!

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted Steve, had some time to brouse the forum tonight and seen you have done quite a rega journey...!

Another thing i have noticed on both the rega RP1 & 3 i have owned is the cartridge lugs on the arm are too tight, i had to file down the paint on both to adjust the cartrige, did they not allow for the paint thinkness?

Anyway they sound so good we seem to forgive them....!

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Nice one Steve.

They must like you more than they liked me.
smile.png

I think you were plain unlucky BBB, when your issue came to light stocks of 'b' grades were a bit thin on the ground but now Moorgate are advertising a new batch of 'b' grades.......just bad timing I think :doh:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
mitch65 said:
a new batch of 'b' grades...

Stonking Mitch , a 'NEW' batch of B grades , lol. :beer:

Lesson learnt!

When I was in there Tuesday, they had 4 RP3s delivered all with the red S/R on side denoting the sub standard decks ahem....sorry cosmetic seconds ready to sell!

TRENDING THREADS