Rotel RCD-965BX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just trying to find out if anyone knows if the Rotel 965 can be put to standby using a remote? I know the remote that comes with the unit doesnt have this option but I was wondering if my logitech harmony one could do this?

May pick up a 965 soon but I would like to be able to put it to standby using a remote.

Also just out of curioustiy does anyone know how this player would compare to the marantz cd63 mk2 ki or even the latest cd6004? I know both the marantz would have more features but I am more concerned about the sound quality.

A

Anonymous

I don't think that the Rotel is quite as good as the Marantz but it's still a very impressive player. The Rotel also tends to cost around a third of the price of the Marantz and is a bargain IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the relpy cujo, in all honesty considering 965's can be picked up between £50 - £90 its a no brainer in terms of money, just dont know what to expect from it compared to newer players.

matthewpiano

The Rotel is an excellent player. I still have one in my spare room. Compared to the Marantz it is slightly more natural sounding, particularly at the frequency extremes. It can occasionally sound slightly glassy in the midrange but careful partnering can minimise this. I'd say it is equal to the Marantz in my experience. There was an LE Discrete version of the '965 which was even better but they come up less regularly.

Overall a very enjoyable and worthwhile machine.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Agree with the comments made, I have one and it's bloody good and consider it the best they made - pound for pound. Expect to pay at least £75 for a nice boxed one on fleabay, mine was (almost) a minter for that price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies gents, I think I will get the 965 and see how that sounds with my technics amp and BX2's. If it isnt enough of an improvement then I will also replace the amp with the Marantz PM7200. Although truth be told I have had the technics for soo long I may struggle to get rid of it completely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts