Question Advice about buying a Marantz CD6007, sellling my CD-63 MkII KI-Signature

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

podknocker

The only concern I would have, keeping the probably sonically superior KI, is the wear and tear on the transport. They don't last forever and it will fail eventually.

Saying that, the KI could have a decent transport and the 6007 might use something less reliable. CD transports are not as easy to source these days.

I've no idea how many companies are still supplying transports, but I doubt they are making high end parts.

The bit that spins is always the weakest link and I've had so many fail in the last 35 years.

Reactions: WayneKerr
D

Deleted member 201267

Does anyone know which CD transport has the lowest failure rate?

I might buy one final CD player with that transport and see if it lasts!
I would like to think this one :-

and it can be found in this bargain :-

Reactions: Symples

podknocker

I would like to think this one :-

and it can be found in this bargain :-
:unsure:

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I have owned a Marantz CD63 MkII KI Signature CD Player for many years…it’s still working perfectly with zero issues, but I’m wanting something better and more modern..and to be able to play FLAC files via USB

I have a cash buyer for my old CD63 next week and I was going to put my money on the sale to buy the Marantz CD6007 from Richer Sounds next week, but now I’m hearing about an issue with the DAC installed not being the one advertised?!!? it is not the AK4490 as Marantz state, but an ESS ES9010 K2M??

How do I get one with the AK chip? Is there a way to tell with serial numbers?

Naughty naughty Marantz!!

View: https://youtu.be/v7kdz77iSgI?si=7sGPex2CZnEzV44u
The K1 Signature was a top CD player in its day. The CD6007 is Marantz's entry level player. I wonder if you will hear a difference? I would audition it before buying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts