Marantz CD 63 MK-2 KI Signature (Appreciation/Owners/Complains/Opinions welcome)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
shafesk said:
drummerman said:
Yes. It is an old watch makers trick to polish out scratches and I've used it in the past on Swatches which use a plastic crystal.

http://www.clickcleaning.co.uk/Products/315/Brasso-Wadding-75g.aspx?option=526&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingfeed&gclid=CP_SppC70LMCFU3HtAodRxgAXQ

Takes a bit of elbow grease and has a habit of getting into nooks and crannies so I'd advise to either take the display cover out if you can or tape off the edges.

regards

Kudos to you Drummerman, worked wonders on my Marantz....the change is quite unbelievable. I also used brasso on my watches and they look great too. I did use contact cleaner after brasso and it seems to add some shine to it.
Brasso works well but can leave it's own fine scratches. If you want to refine the finish afterwards, something like Meguiar's PlastX (available online or sometimes from Halfords) will refine it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts