Marantz CD player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WayneKerr

Yes, I know all CDPs have built-in Dacs (converts a digital signal to analogue) but only has one digital out. So are you saying this Marantz has only one digital out to or more to connect it to other devices?
The SA14 has optical and coax outputs "if" you want to bypass the internal DAC... though I can't see why you would want to. It also has USB, coax, and optical inputs.

Last edited:
You can use the DAC with a different source. It even takes a USB on the front.

These days they’re sometimes described as DAC transports, but the Marantz predates that affectation.
i know that, my Oppo has inputs as well as outputs by PP seems to want to include his Cambridge, unless I am very confused.... Which isn't difficult these days...
See post #28 and #23. I am confused!

Reactions: WayneKerr

WayneKerr

you connect a PC to a CDP?
I was asking PP why he needed to connect anything to a CDP considering he has the Dacmagic
Sorry Al, thought you were posing a general question.
Yep, stream locally stored ripped CDs straight from PC to CDP. CDP comes with a software download for the PC so it sees the player as an external sound card. Not as pretty as some of the systems seen on here but works for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts