Marantz CD player

Thinking about when the time comes to replace the Exposure, my mind has cast back to the speaker demos last year. As used prices on auction sites are all over the place, perhaps looking at one of the newer Marantz models.

As it stands the Exposure hasn't missed a beat, probably the best £250 I've ever spent on hi-fi. However, I've always admired Marantz gear and Richer Sounds, when I demoed the Dalis, MA Golds and Amphion Argon 1s, they hooked up the entry-level CD6007. I had nothing to compare it to as the Exposure was left at home but the Marantz sounded all of its money and some....

I'm thinking perhaps the new 60 model or even one of the higher end models. Quite like the look of them as well.

Anyhoo, this is for the future. Meantime thoroughly enjoying the CD2010 since the turntable has been out of action, both in sound quality and how solid the drawer mechanism sounds - doesn't sound plasticy like most similar priced players.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Thinking about when the time comes to replace the Exposure, my mind has cast back to the speaker demos last year. As used prices on auction sites are all over the place, perhaps looking at one of the newer Marantz models.

As it stands the Exposure hasn't missed a beat, probably the best £250 I've ever spent on hi-fi. However, I've always admired Marantz gear and Richer Sounds, when I demoed the Dalis, MA Golds and Amphion Argon 1s, they hooked up the entry-level CD6007. I had nothing to compare it to as the Exposure was left at home but the Marantz sounded all of its money and some....

I'm thinking perhaps the new 60 model or even one of the higher end models. Quite like the look of them as well.

Anyhoo, this is for the future. Meantime thoroughly enjoying the CD2010 since the turntable has been out of action, both in sound quality and how solid the drawer mechanism sounds - doesn't sound plasticy like most similar priced players.
I want the same CD player although to be fair I haven't had a demo of one. It's just that my current CD player isn't a dedicated CD player but a Denon RCD-N7 all in one system that I have hooked up to my Yamaha AV receiver through line out, bypassing the Denon's inbuilt amp.
I just have that feeling I'm missing out not sonically not having a dedicated CD player.
But then I also want a new (to me) lens for my Sony DSLR, can't have both, expensive hobbies hifi and photography, why do I do this to myself😂

DPD

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site

Before you buy the Marantz 6007, try the Rotel CD11 Tribute. I demo'd at Richer sounds against the 6007 and the Rotel was way nicer sounding. The marantz was far to bright for both myself and my demoing mates ears. I was rather surprised given the many accolades awarded to the Marantz, but no, the Rotel was purchased.

Reactions: Cricketbat70
Before you buy the Marantz 6007, try the Rotel CD11 Tribute. I demo'd at Richer sounds against the 6007 and the Rotel was way nicer sounding. The marantz was far to bright for both myself and my demoing mates ears. I was rather surprised given the many accolades awarded to the Marantz, but no, the Rotel was purchased.
Not going to buy the 6007, more in the region of Model 60 or even higher up the chain. But no way would I buy anything without a good demo first.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I've been thinking about one of those too. I get the feeling if anyone wants one they're going to have to be quick, I can see stocks getting low soon haven't rotel just updated the model?

Nope. Why?
I’ve only had one previously. The SA14s1 special edition, it was a beautiful piece of kit. Sounded wonderful. id Recommend it wholeheartedly. I would happily have one again. To be honest, you probably can’t go wrong with any Marantz cd player, but the KI signature and Special Edition are definitely worth searching out. 👍 the new model you mentioned looks really nice in the flesh, photos don’t do it justice .

I’ve only had one previously. The SA14s1 special edition, it was a beautiful piece of kit. Sounded wonderful. id Recommend it wholeheartedly. I would happily have one again. To be honest, you probably can’t go wrong with any Marantz cd player, but the KI signature and Special Edition are definitely worth searching out. 👍 the new model you mentioned looks really nice in the flesh, photos don’t do it justice .
Certainly looks the biz. I'll keep an eye on these when the time comes.

As you know, I have one too. I agree re sound quality, and the only slight niggle is the slow loading times. I’m told that’s because it’s also a SACD player, and somehow they check for the presence of each format before deciding to play.

That said, my £250 Tascam sounds pretty good used as a transport through the Linn DAC!

Reactions: WayneKerr

I’m guessing you might not want it now, but there’s an immaculate Exposure 2010S2 cd player for sale on Hifi Wigwam for £350. Only been used for a year as the owner bought it as NOS.

Last edited:
I’m guessing you might not want it now, but there’s an immaculate Exposure 2010S2 cd player for sale on Hifi Wigwam for £350. Only been used for a year as the owner bought it as NO.
You're right. As it stands more than happy with my current bundle.

It's only I haven't been out to source a new cartridge for the turntable yet the CDP has been my current source. It was old, in hi-fi terms, when I purchased it in 2020 (circa 2004). It won't last forever.

Cheers. The only things that put me off is the built-in Dac, as I've already got a Cambridge DacMagic and whether it's as good with CDs as it is with SACD, as I don't own any of the latter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts