Considering changing Marantz CD63 KI Signature CD player, wondering if a Blu ray player will do..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my Marantz CD 63 KI has developed an anoying skip, I understand it could me the mechanism or possibly the laser needs replaced. Unfortunately I really do not have the time to investigate what is wrong with it and having it professionally repaired will cost too much. I also am looking to buy a blu ray player and wondering if any blu ray players will offer a reasonable sound stage complared to the marantz (the only thing I didnt like about the Marantz was that it was a bit too warm and not punchy enough, I should have bought a NAIM!) The hifi system I have is presently TAG 60i integrated amp and Monitor Silver 8i speakers, no plans to change either of these unless they fail. Alternatively I buy a 100 quid blu ray player and look out for a second hand Naim cd 3.5

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you're looking to save space or get a decent Blu-ray player, you could look at getting a mid to higher end Blu-ray player (like some of the Marantz offerings) which I think should offer something on a par with the KI Sig player.

If you're not bothered about space or Blu-ray performance, I'd probably go for a budget Blu-ray player and invest in a dedicated CD player which suits your system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts