Considering changing Marantz CD63 KI Signature CD player, wondering if a Blu ray player will do..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my Marantz CD 63 KI has developed an anoying skip, I understand it could me the mechanism or possibly the laser needs replaced. Unfortunately I really do not have the time to investigate what is wrong with it and having it professionally repaired will cost too much. I also am looking to buy a blu ray player and wondering if any blu ray players will offer a reasonable sound stage complared to the marantz (the only thing I didnt like about the Marantz was that it was a bit too warm and not punchy enough, I should have bought a NAIM!) The hifi system I have is presently TAG 60i integrated amp and Monitor Silver 8i speakers, no plans to change either of these unless they fail. Alternatively I buy a 100 quid blu ray player and look out for a second hand Naim cd 3.5

A

Anonymous

Seems you are not totally satisfied with the Marantz after all. But I wouldn't expect the sonic quality of a blu ray will outperform the Marantz. I would go for your alternative solution, buy a Naim!

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
ac505 said:
my Marantz CD 63 KI has developed an anoying skip, I understand it could me the mechanism or possibly the laser needs replaced. Unfortunately I really do not have the time to investigate what is wrong with it and having it professionally repaired will cost too much. I also am looking to buy a blu ray player and wondering if any blu ray players will offer a reasonable sound stage complared to the marantz (the only thing I didnt like about the Marantz was that it was a bit too warm and not punchy enough, I should have bought a NAIM!) The hifi system I have is presently TAG 60i integrated amp and Monitor Silver 8i speakers, no plans to change either of these unless they fail. Alternatively I buy a 100 quid blu ray player and look out for a second hand Naim cd 3.5

Changing the laser unit is relatively easy and the replacement part which is VAM 1202 or CDM 12.1 only costs £10.5 from the Bay.

If you don't want to repair it put it up in the Bay as an defective item and you can get at least £20 back :)

A

Anonymous

okay, you've persuaded me. Laser ordered and if it doesn't work, it can all go on ebay...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there are bluray players out there which sound as good as a Marantz CD63KIS, maybe even better. But don't expect to find one for used CD63KIS money.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Its such a good cdp that I don't think that a blueray player would do your system justice after that. If you are not fond of it then you can try getting something else at the price level and sell it off on fleabay. If Cd is your primary source then I think its better to get a dedicated cdp than a blueray to play cds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts