Spotify music only tier.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
That would be a godsend. Less crap to sort through. Selfish me wishes it would have none of the rubbish video content, too. I’ve literally only saved one show which isn’t on Apple Podcasts. And it’s a course, so there aren’t any more episodes coming.

Reactions: Terry Webb

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
That would be a godsend. Less crap to sort through. Selfish me wishes it would have none of the rubbish video content, too. I’ve literally only saved one show which isn’t on Apple Podcasts. And it’s a course, so there aren’t any more episodes coming.
Yep, I agree. An only music tier with no podcasts or audiobooks would be great.

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Yep, I agree. An only music tier with no podcasts or audiobooks would be great.
According to this it sounds like it’s audio or audiobooks. Both will be slightly more expensive than current subscription, so audio only might be cheaper?

Fingers cross that’s a step towards cd quality streaming becoming more of a priority if audio is a separate product. I doubt it though - they’ve probably already seen the majority of customers who will leave to lossless competitors. And it’s not going to be big numbers in the grand scheme.

As an aside, Tidal definitely is a great option. From trialling it out, the UX is basically copied from Spotify so I know I could get used to it, and presume I could transfer all my liked artists as well as albums & playlists.

The thing that stops me switching is the volume of music I share with friends as they all use Spotify. It’s already a pita to search Apple Music links for the 2 people who use that. Don’t fancy adding loads of effort when popping an album to my brother/friends/bandmates #truestory

Reactions: Terry Webb

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Tidal now hardly costs any more than Spotify, and high res/MQA/Dolby Atmos is all available to you. For the music lover Spotify really has nothing going for it now.
Thanks for your opinion. Again,

Sorry for being curt. Hi-res music isn’t really a revelation for me. And don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve here.

Last edited:

Witterings

Thanks for your opinion. Again,

Sorry for being curt. Hi-res music isn’t really a revelation for me. And don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve here.

Afraid I'm actually with @manicm on this ..... I think Spotify have shot themselves in the foot from a music point of view.
Maybe it's a market they're not concerned about and see podcasts as their future ..... in which case the music side will become even more 2 tier to other providers over time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts